THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, April 23, 2007

SLC

I went for the weekend to visit Dani and Greg. It was so much fun. A couple months ago Dani asked me to come up and see her school and visit her. When I talked to DH we remembered that he was behind a few gift giving occasions (like Christmas, Valentines day) and my birthday was coming up, so we decided to roll them into one great gift: an airline ticket. My flight up was fine, uneventful. MSV and cute little nieces and nephews picked me up at the airport and took me to D's school. I was looking forward to a day of beauty.
Her school is really nice. The instructors are friendly and she has lots of friends and the building was nice. I got a cut and color. I would have done more but we ran out of time, which was okay. I was very happy with the results. I think it makes me look thinner :)
new hair-do


Saturday night we went out to dinner. We had wanted to go to Tacano's but the wait was long and the MSV needed to get back sooner than we could have so we went to "The Happy Sumo". The food was yummy and we had a lot of fun. Dani got the dragon dinner.
Dani and Greg have a really cute apartment. They just got a kitchen table! and everything is clean and nice.

The more time I spend with Greg the more I like him. He's a really nice guy and smart and funny. I am glad that he and Dani chose to get married and share their lives together. I think they'll be really happy. He's a planner and really interested in working toward a secure future for them. He's also polite. He slept on the couch the first night I was there, even though I insisted that I was fine. The second night we got a blow up mattress for me and he got to have his bed back. I thought that was really nice, even though I felt bad. I don't want him to dread my visits after all!

Sunday morning Greg made pancakes then we went to church. Their ward was nice, close to their apartment. We went home and cooked and looked at Disneyworld online then went to MSV's for dinner.

She made yummy chicken. We made rice and salad and D made her special cheese cake. Michael and Andrea came over and we had a really fun time visiting. The weekend went way too fast.

This morning I flew home. Our fight was turbulent but the plane landed in one piece= a success. The kids and DH were happy to have me home. I missed them and was happy to be back as well. I wish D&G lived close by so I could share all my wisdom with them:) and see them often.

I am kidding about the wisdom thing. It's really an odd thing having a grown daughter and figuring out what to say and what not to say. I don't want to be intrusive, I do want to be involved and for them to know that DH and I support them. I hope they know I am proud of them and think they are doing things just right. And that I love them both.

I am really happy that DH kept the kids for the weekend and that my friend Nikko kept them today so that all was fine while I was gone. I am lucky-ducky!












8 comments:

nikko said...

You are so welcome. We all know sometimes it's easier to have friends over because it means the kids are entertained!

I'm glad you had a great time. Your haircut looks really cute on you! I like it.

utmommy said...

We already miss you!

Awesome Mom said...

Cute hair!!

Anne/kq said...

Glad you had fun! Love the hair! But I just gotta say it...

Eeeew, sushi!

Sushi is one of those arty foods that I appreciate visually but hate to eat. I think I'd really enjoy it if it weren't for the seafood and seaweed. :p

Debbie said...

love the hair cut!

Amadeo said...

I didn't know your hair was so long! I LOVE the new cute. Super cute. I sad I wasn't there. Boo for me.

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit. How fun! I love your new hair cut. Very cute!

Chellie said...

Cute hair... I've been wanting to cut mine, at least to my shoulders, but I'm going to wait until after the baby and get all settled so I am not doing anything drastic right now.

Glad you are safe and had fun. Your daughter is a beauty!