THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

breaking dawn

Yesterday was a normal day.

We swam in the morning w/ some friends.

Karlee and Mason came over to play. The kids had a good time. They made up plays (here they are studying the script), swam, and we went to McD for ice cream. Very fun.

We cleaned up.

We swam some more in the evening.



Today was a different story. J finished "Breaking Dawn" and even though S was officially next on the list she gave it to me in the evening because she was "taking a break". J didn't like it and S was having a hard time getting into it. I LOVED it!! It was my favorite of the four. I was worried. I didn't trust Stephenie Meyer to end it happily, mainly because I could not think of a happy ending. I was prepared to hate it, hate her and write nasty hate mail (just kidding) about the last part.
The book started strong, with an event I was worried would never get in...and it just got better and better with surprises and happy endings for all. Whew! I was so glad. I always liked Bella, I know not everyone did, and she totally proved herself :)

This is what my smart cousin Sarah says about the book:
"I love that these books are clean . . . a few unnecessary swear words and a few references to married relations (but no pre-marital relations!) I still think this series is best for girls over 18, but you all know what a prude I am about books. I am proud that Stephenie Meyer claims her education from my Alma mater, BYU. Damian and she were in a ward (congregation) together their freshmen year. I am so proud of the way she's written these books, full of her values and morals. She has taught wonderful lessons to the world. I've never read another Vampire book and probably never will. To me, these books are about the MESSAGE and the characters are secondary. The messages are:


Good Always Conquers Evil, in the End
Love Triumphs Over All and is Eternal
FAMILY is the Most Important Thing There Is
Sacrificing for Those you Love Makes all Things Better
You CAN Control your Weaknesses and
NOT Give into Temptation
It is Worth it to WAIT for the Best Things in Life
There IS Life after Death and Justice and Mercy for All "
and I agree.

I don't like scary stories either, and never read any vampire books, nor do I see my self reading another but I am glad I read these. I love the characters and the message and that you can be good no matter what your circumstances. (if a vampire can do anyone can ;) )

Sadly my kids spent the day watching TV. I could not put it down. Luckily that doesn't happen too often.

7 comments:

Mel said...

I loved the recap of Breaking Dawn! I haven't read it yet... maybe I'll get to it this weekend. Thanks!

Yvonne said...

I'm about 2/3 done (just not a fast reader ; ( I was a little worried when it started but so far, I'm really enjoying it.

Pirate Princess said...

LOL - I'm so behind the times. I kept seeing all this "breaking dawn" stuff around the net - I couldn't figure out what it was! lol!!

:)

Anne/kq said...

I am not going to be reading these books. I don't mind the vampire stuff-- but from what I've read, they aren't exactly what I want to be putting into my brain, otherwise.

Britni said...

The more reviews I read the more I realize that I'm a diehard Twilight fan and one of the girls who just fell in love with the story and was really hoping for more of the love story in this one. I was disappointed :(

Lana said...

A lot of the younger people I know have been disappointed, which made me wonder why.

To me it was such a love story. Their wedding was sweet and romantic and they waited for each other and that was wonderful...but more than that their was nothing that sad true love to me more than the care Edward took of her. The anguish he felt at her pain. And then to find out that after her "life" they would be together forever and it was even more wonderful than she had imagined, and he was more beautiful, and they loved even more deeply. (sigh :)) and lastly but most importantly the love and care they shared over Reneesme. When you are old, and a mother, there is nothing more touching, more romantic, more wonderful than a man who is a good father. Together they have reached a completley selfless love.

It touched my forty year old heart much more than a decorated gym for the prom, or a fluttery first date. It's about a more lasting love.

Lana said...

there was nothing that said true love



I do speak and write English, sorry.