THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Drah-ma!

We've been having some drama around here lately.

H has been waiting to audition for her school play. They have been gearing up for weeks and we thought it was going to be a couple weeks ago. Well, they finally did their auditions on Monday and yesterday she found out she got the part of the princess. I thought that was going to be a nice role for her...wrong. She was mad. She wanted the part of Katrina and her friend Ellie got it. As soon as she got in the car she started to cry. She hates princesses (news to me) and never gets the staring role and now doesn't even want Ellie to spend the night on Friday because she was Mrs Claus in first grade while H was "a stoopid elf" and now this.

Well, we talked a lot about how a good friend is happy for her friend when she does well and it was her, H, who was not being nice; not Ellie who only tried out and tried her best (as she should). And we talked about how so many kids didn't get parts and she should be glad to have one with a speaking dance role instead of being a Christmas tree or a snowflake. Hopefully she will be happy in the long run. And she will be kind. Meanwhile I get to make a Christmas princess dress now...guess I'd better get on the ball.

Christmas light drama~ unresolved.
Trip drama~ likewise.

But one problem was solved. DH has been after me to get a passport for a while. I haven't because we're not going any where and I didn't want to spend the $$. I guess I'm kind of cheap. Thrifty.
Anyway I went on Monday and got the paper work for it and came home and realized that I didn't have my birth certificate. DH realized that he has a small window of time in Jan when a trip wouldn't interfere with testing and wanted to look at doing something then. No BC and no PP though would make that difficult. So he was upset. I (with the kind assistance of Uncle Brian) did some research and trying to figure out how to solve these problems quickly.
It turned out that the reason I didn't have my birth certificate was because my mom did. I don't know why I didn't get it all these years. But luckily it was available, then I went to get an oh so flattering photo done at Horrible-Photos-R-Us. And this morning I turned in all my paper work and I should have a passport in hand shortly after Christmas. Although we are still not going anywhere...but I guess I will be ready next time.

Went VT to see Haylee and Rachel last night. We had a fun time. Lucy had a great time.
Went to playgroup at McD today. Fun time had by all.

Play practice starts today...hoping it will go well.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh, my heart goes out to H!!!

Glad you got your passport issue resolved--don't you just love those photos. (They're almost as good as driver's license photos ; )

Joyismygoal said...

Life is Drama sometimes we get comedy though which is nice How thrilling she get a part-- I was a train coal car once in ES. In HSmy Brother was the mainstar in every play and musical , i was thrilled for him and happy I was an extra student, a dancer,a dancing jingle bell rocker, and a chorus member so H a speaking part is awesome!!!!

Chellie said...

Awe.. It's hard to be happy for someone else when they get what you want, but it's also a good lesson to learn. She'll do great as a princess!