THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 13, 2010

book report :)

Read it, loved it.

I got this book some time ago, by the recommendation of my friend Amy, and started reading. I liked it right away but it wasn't a swept away in the story I must read this while I vacuum or walk to the bus or whatnot kind of book. I read a chapter or two here or there.
The language was beautiful, it required me to dictionary.com some of the words:) and think about the ideas. I am not a "thinker" and this is very much a philosophical fable so it was interesting to see what the characters thought and did.
I knew it was going to be sad.
From the get go I wondered who would die. Would it be young Paloma? The "obvious candidate". I didn't want it to be her. At some point I held some hope that a minor, or shallow character would be the victim and then I wouldn't be sad.

By the end I was wrapped up in their lives. I was rooting for them. I wanted them to find what they were seeking, to be happy.

and then BAM! sad.

not weeping buckets sad but "oh no! she just figured it out and now...why now? such a waste sad.

You should read it.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Always love your book reports. I know I should read more.