THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Smithsonian and a safe flight

We headed into DC a little early so we could spend a couple hours in the Smithsonian. It is huge and we barely made a dent, however, it was very fun and I know we will enjoy going back many more times until we see it all. We went to the hall of American History. (after Beloved did the most awesome job of parallel parking I have ever seen)
My favorite part was these pale life size people. They were everywhere and depicted scenes of life during different eras in history. (these folks were buying a new car...for their growing family I guess:))


old time waffle iron.
I loved the automobile display, I don't know why, it was so fun. We saw Julia Child's kitchen and electricity and that was about all we had time for.

We flew home and landed safely! And found everything well here. The house looked great, Nana and Abba polished furniture and fixed stuff and sorted through drawers! It was awesome. The kids were happy and grandparents exhausted. We REALLY appreciate that they could fly here and man the fort while we were gone. We came home to a most delicious dinner, Nana is a most excellent cook to boot!

4 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

how nice they did all that-- family is the BEST!! did they sell the house while you were gone too?:)

Natalie said...

So glad you got safely home. Sounds like at least part of the trip was so much fun minus the stress of house hunting that is.
Love n' hugs

Alison said...

Your trip sounds successful. Congrats on finding a home. It will be beautiful and you will love it (even more when your house sells I'm sure). It will happen!

Yvonne said...

So glad all went well. Smithsonian is an amazing place to visit, but like you said, can't possibly see it all in one day.