THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, July 03, 2009

This Is The Place

Today we went to the This Is The Place Heritage Park. It was so fun. The kids had a great time trying the games and crafts and chores of the era. I enjoyed seeing the buildings and reading about life in those times.

Lu loved the pony ride :)
Here is Brother playing a game. You have to toss a bean bag from one little cup and turn your stick over and catch it in the other.



T trying out the stilts.



Churning butter.





dipping candles




Sisters






Ice cream break at the end of the day!







The whole gang in front of the main monument.
Other fun things: the boys made ropes and the girls made dolls. Everyone did leather stamping. We rode a train. The boys all caught ducks waddling around the grounds with their bare hands. The weather was nice, no one cried.








3 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I love that they make our historical places so family friendly-- we did the same activities at Nauvoo, including the tuna can game,:) My Family loved it because of all the hands on fun

Yvonne said...

I've never been there, but it looks like a great place to visit.

You and your sisters are all so beautiful.

Robin said...

So much fun... Family is the best. glad you have had this great summer.