THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 05, 2010

reverence incentive

We have had a bunch of wiggle worm whisperers at Sacrament meeting lately and Big B and I were getting frustrated. Then I remembered my wise friend Robin, and a great incentive program she used with her kids.
A couple weeks ago at FHE we talked about reverence and then I introduced the idea. Each Sunday, right after church we would go home and have ice cream and toppings. If during the meeting we hold up one finger to settle a child down they will not get toppings. Two fingers means no ice cream.
We have been doing it for 2 weeks and it's gone great! Two weeks of reverent children and parents who can listen to the talks!

6 comments:

The two old crows said...

sounds great can I come over. I'm reverent!!!!!

The Ainas said...

hmmm I think I'll snag that idea when Abby is older! :)

Debby said...

What a fun idea!

utmommy said...

I need to try that. Maybe we'll introduce it tomorrow and get started ASAP!!

Love little Wild Thing Tate!

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

I may need to borrow that idea- most of the time my kids do quite well- but then, they are older. Other times it is like King/Queen Contention follows us into the chaple- and hubby sits on the stand, so it is just me.

Yvonne said...

Very good idea--maybe I'll have to try that with Allan ; ) In reality, that would sure work for me.