THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

missionary field trip

Papa and Grandma took a little field trip to the Netherlands this last weekend. The flowers are unbelievably gorgeous and I love Dad's purse ;) Maybe next spring Beloved and I will be able to take a trip over and see them and see some sights! That would be fun. We'll see. Right now we are worried about getting this summer taken care of. Our house is showing and some interest has been shown so hopefully we'll have an offer before June. That is my wish. Besides the house we've been trying to work out all the details of the actual move. When to move our household goods. When I will leave for Utah. When Beloved will fly to Utah to make the big drive to MD with us. Now Sierra is saying she wants to stay here and go directly to MD when we are settled so she can keep working, however I have serious doubts about her car being able to make the drive and I don't want her trekking by herself and there is the little question of where she will live so most likely she'll be stuck coming with me, which she isn't too excited about. I wish she could work in Utah for a month while we are there...although that seems a little unlikely as well. J would love to work this summer and was wishing she could apply to life guard, but she can't. At least she can stay with Emma and go to camp and go venturing. J will actually have a fun summer. A couple weeks of playing with Em, two camps, a quick flight to Utah then a week at EFY. Then the big drive. Lastly before we leave I need to get 2-3 Nintendo DS. The kids have been dying for them, and I am dying to get them so they can be occupied during the 50+ hours we will be driving. We've been approached about leasing our mineral rights and if that works out we will have that extra money to get them. (fingers crossed~ I'm running out of fingers and things to hope for!)

5 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

OOOh- that is a really long time to have to drive :( I hope you have a dvd player and lots of new movies.

Did you say your drive was going to include stops at sights along the way? That should help some too.

At least you will be in Utah before it gets too blasted hot. Where we live it is generally about 10 degrees cooler than the Wasatch Front- but that hasn't been too comforting when it is closing in on 100-

I have a good life said...

AHHHH! Don't say she won't be staying to work for the summer! We will miss her tooooooooooooo much! :( But I wouldn't want her driving alone, either.

Yvonne said...

What a busy summer you are going to have this year.

You'll get to see so much on your road trip ; )

Mark and Beatrix Houghton said...

Those tulips are beautiful!
My squirrels would love to thin them out.
Busy summer for y'all.
B

Fabiola said...

You sure have a really busy summer ahead of you!!! I wish the best luck in this new "adventure".
After all, every new challenge make us stronger.

By the way, is you Father in Lycee close by Amsterdan? if it is... (and I hope it is), it is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. And if it is not... Pass along the tip. I am sure they will love!!

Fabiola