Eventually I got the great idea that it would be fun for the girls to dress like colonial girls when we went, which evolved into them being colonial girls for Halloween, which evolved into me making them dresses. That is where evolution should have stopped.
I got patterns and fabric and in October made H her cute dress. I have to say it went well and I liked how it turned out. Lu didn't want to wear hers for Halloween so I had time to put it aside.
Well, the Christmas event is tomorrow so yesterday I knew I had to get it done now. I got home from taking the kids to school and went to get started and couldn't find my pattern. Three hours later I still couldn't find it but for some reason I thought I could alter the one I used for H's dress. This was an insane idea, of course, because I can barely make something with a pattern.
I got my measuring tape and measured her (not for any useful reason but because it seemed like a good place to start), then I looked at the pattern...for a long time...and decided what
By dinner time, literally, I had a dress almost done that didn't quite fit, and looked a little crazy but she likes it. Talk about stressful and not fun. After dinner she told me she'd like Oriah to have a dress that matched, and I had fabric left (and as evidence that I have completely lost my mind) I agreed.
After the kids went to bed I went back down and made this cute dress, which I had a pattern for, and which took a lot longer than I thought but Oriah didn't complain about the fit so that's good:)
Then at 10pm, when I was done, I came upstairs to make blueberry muffins for J to take to seminary.
Then at almost 11, when Beloved got home from helping paint the Watson's house, I was ready for bed. The house is a disaster (because I sewed all day) and I vowed not to break out the sewing machine again for a long time.
today I clean.