THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

look what I made!

I know, I was shocked too! I am really happy with how it turned out. Now actually there are quite a few mistakes on it but still for a costume it looks lovely! I am excited to start on Lu's. We are going to a colonial Christmas event and the girls will wear their lovely gowns :)

It rains a lot here. Yesterday Brother wore his shoes to play in the back yard and left them there. This morning he was looking for them and found them filled with rain:(

This is how you know you might be raising a lawyer. This morning I said to H "go brush your teeth". She walked to the bathroom, a few minutes later walked out. I said "did you brush your teeth?" "Yes" "Today?" "Oh? today? No, not today" So I sent her back.

I borrowed "Dracula" at the library. I have never read it. I am not one for scary movies or scary anything. My previous experience with vampires was on Scooby Doo. Then I read Twilight, reluctantly at first, but of course now I heart Edward. SO I thought it would be interesting to read the original. It is scary. I am not sure I'll make it to the end. The writing is so rich in imagery and I am loving that but still..so suspenseful and scary.

Years ago, when I was a small girl, we were in San Fransisco and Alec and I watched a scary movie at Baba Olya's. I think it was "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" There was this guy who had surgery on his eyes and was all bandaged up. Then that night there was this huge light display in the sky and everyone looked, except him. The next day everyone was blind except him. Eventually there were these huge corn stalk looking guys who came to earth and took over people while they were asleep. That's what I remember. Right movie? Anyway, scared to sleep for years, no joke. When I read Harry Potter 6 and 7 I had to have the light on at night. So I love Edward, but Count Dracula not as much. Is it worth it to finish? We'll see.

I have a lot of laundry to do today (sigh) that takes up a lot of my "free time". I did make H's dress, and am almost done with my first book (Laugh with me) maybe my next goal should be to become a trophy wife (hhMM?)

4 comments:

Dani said...

that looks so good! im proud :) when i watched Signs, with the aliens and Mel Gibson, I was scared for months! Everytime I had to walk outside in the morning for seminary I was just sure there would be an alien around the garage waiting to suck my brains out.

Yvonne said...

Costume looks GREAT. Way to go--I'm very impressed.

I'm not sure that's Invasion of the Body Snatchers--it's the one with the pods and if you go to sleep you wake up and look just like yourself but you have NO EMOTIONS. It's very creepy.

I have never read Dracula--I'm not a creepy book or movie person. I love suspense but not creepy.

Can't wait to read YOUR book.

Mark and Beatrix Houghton said...

The costume is beautiful!!!!
I wish we could dress like that every day. Colonial dresses are so pretty.
Creepy books and stories are dumb. I hate them.
Plenty of nice things out there, why waste time with ugliness..

Natalie said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with the costume. Good Job.
I wouldn't be reading Dracula. I hate scary books and movies. Maybe you got that little part from me.