THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, October 09, 2009

sweet potatoes and apples


3 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large cooking apples - peeled, cored and cut into 1/4 inch rings

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS
Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 25 minutes, or until tender but firm. Drain, cool and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Layer sweet potatoes, brown sugar mixture and apples in the prepared baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, butter and pecans. Sprinkle over the sweet potatoes.
Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.

When we went to the orchard the other day I bought sweet potatoes and apples. Last night I made them into this delicious casserole. Everyone LOVED it! It's sweet and crisp and delish!

In other news H made the honor choir at school! She is so excited!!

Brother loves to watch all the construction in our neighborhood. He asked the other day if he could be a "house builder" first and then go to college. I personally don't love all the construction and living in a work zone but he is fascinated with the big machines and is enjoying watching it all.

H switched from flute to clarinet.

Brother has been having some trouble with a bully on the bus. This morning I talked to the bus driver and got his seat changed. The bus is a pain in the neck.

I have been having some "girl trouble", which has lead to several trips to the doctor, what a pain (although better than the dentist:) ) and on the 26th I am having a little surgery and hopefully that will be that.

Three day weekend coming up! Yeah. Then next week the family arrives! Yeah ! Yeah!

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Yummy sounding recipe. Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving and if I were cooking, I'd make it. So will try it for American Thanksgiving.

Love all the good news. Sorry about Brother having trouble with a bully.

Hope the girl problems are nothing serious. Will be thinking of you on the 26th.

Hooray for next week.

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

If you are having what I think you are having- you will be so glad when it is over. Best thing ever. Other than the side effects of hormonal stuff, I don't miss it at all.

Best recommendation from my dr- take plenty of time to recoup- the more you take at first the better you will be ultimately- when he said that to me, I had a 2, 4, 5 and 14 year old- HAH! funny I thought- but it was true.

The two old crows said...

The recipe sounds yummy. I do a simiuliar recipe. I layer cooked sweet potatoes with apples in a pan sprinkle with brown sugar and apple juice and bake. That is the only way my family likes them on halloween. Other times we fix them just like we do white potatoes, even as hash browns in the morning for breakfast.

The Texas Bakers said...

MMM, that looks good. Is it a dessert or a side dish? I hope the problem with Brother is solved. Best wishes on your surgery. I'll be praying all goes well and you have a quick recovery.

Martines Family said...

that recipe sounds so good. I can't wait to try it. I hate the bus too. What can I do to help you when you have your surgery?

Britni said...

Ooh, we get sweet potatoes in our produce box this week. I may have to try this out. It looks delicious!