THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, October 02, 2009


Our photographer was a little wobbly but this is our "in the kitchen night" at my house.
In our ward we have a monthly night where we go to one sister's home and cook with her. For my turn I decided to make pelmeni because a) I love them, b) they are much more fun to make in a crowd :) My plan was to send everyone upstairs with Beloved and have the kitchen to ourselves, however 6:30 rolled around and no one was there and then 6:45 still no one so I decided to go ahead and let the little girls help me (and they were thrilled) We had just started rolling out dough and making our little meatballs when Colleen came! then Michelle! yeah! a party!!
(for the record I would have been totally fine if it was just me and the girls)
So we rolled and made our little dumplings and made our soup and ate, the whole family came to join us for that part:) I also made a dessert that Val gave me the recipe for that was so delish! and then everyone disappeared and we had the kitchen to ourselves to chat some more while we cleaned up the mess.
It was a fun night!
Thanks for coming girls!
Peach Dessert
1 box vanilla wafers crushed
1 cube butter melted
1 cup sugar
mix together
peel and slice 12 peaches
beat 1 pint heavy cream, about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup sugar and 1 t vanilla, whip again. Fold in peaches
put 3/4 of the cookie mix into a 13x9 pan, pour the peach mixture on top, top with remaining cookies. Refrigerate until time to serve.
Pelmeni
dough:
2 cups flour
2 eggs
3/4 t salt
1/2 cup water
mix, then refrigerate until cool
meatballs:
1lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
1 onion diced
soy sauce
salt and pepper
roll out dough and cut in little rounds. Form meatballs with your hands. Place one meat ball in the middle of each dumpling, fold and pinch into a crescent then fold the corners up.
when you have a tray of them you can freeze them and make into soup later OR drop them into boiling broth, cook until they float and then serve with dill, soy sauce and sour cream.

5 comments:

The two old crows said...

I sorry I didn't make it. I am tending Trudy's children while she is away and had to pick up Baxter at the High School at 9pm. Looks like I missed a good party. Hopefully next time. Thanks for the recipe.

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

That sounds like a fun "Girls Night Out" activity- is it totally open, or do you have a sign up sheet so you can plan somewhat?

Yvonne said...

What a fun activity.

Everything sounds so delicious.

I have a good life said...

So much fun. I'd be dying to make the food, but I am stuffed from the soup social. Missed you extra tonight. I am so glad that you are having fun and have a great group of women around you! :)

Bainter Family Antics said...

I was really bummed that I had to miss it--but am enjoying Puerto Rico despite missing the yummies! Maybe you'll do it again?????