THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 24, 2010

American Patriot's Bible

For Christmas I got "the American Patriot's Bible" from my MIL. I have really been enjoying reading it and seeing how much the word of God really shaped the forming of our country and the ideals it is founded on. Many,probably most, of our founding fathers and many of our nations leaders through the years have been religious men who were really trying to do what's right and establish a country that would be under God's watchcare.

It's sad how far we have strayed.

I found these quotes so interesting.

My only hope of salvation is in the infinite, transcendent love of God manifested to the world by the death of His Son upon the cross. Nothing but His blood will wash away my sins. I rely exclusively upon it. Come, Lord Jesus! Come quickly!
Benjamin Rush

We recognize no sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!
John Hancock and John Adams

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
Robert E. Lee

A Bible and a newspaper in every house, a good school in every district- all studied and appreciated as they merit- are the principle support of virtue, morality and civil liberty.
Benjamin Franklin

Unless we form the habit of going to the Bible in bright moments as well as in trouble, we cannot fully respond to its consolations because we lack equilibrium between light and darkness.
Helen Keller

No people can be bound to acknowledge and adore the invisible hand which conducts the affairs of men more then those of the United States.
George Washington


These and many more interesting and inspiring quotes and thoughts are in this book and I am really enjoying reading it.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Great quotes--sounds like a wonderful book.