THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

a little thought

Now behold, it came to pass, that I, Jacob, having ministered much to my people in the word,(and I can not write but a little of my words,because of the difficulty of engraving our words upon plates) and we know that the things which we write upon plates must remain;
But whatsoever things we write upon anything save it be upon plates must perish and vanish away; but we can write a few words upon plates; which will give our children, and also our beloved brethren, a small degree of knowledge concerning us, or concerning their fathers-
Now in this thing we do rejoice; and we labor diligently to engrave these words upon plates, hoping that our beloved brethren and our children will receive them with thankful hearts, and look upon them that they may learn with joy and not with sorrow, neither with contempt, concerning their first parents.
For, for this intent have we written these things, that they may know that we knew of Christ, and we had a hope of his glory many hundred years before his coming; and not only we ourselves had a hope of his glory, but also all the holy prophets which were before us.

Jacob 4: 1-4 (bold added by me)

This was our spiritual thought at the beginning of ward council on Sunday. Laura shared it with us and then said. "We will learn the lessons of life. We can choose to learn with joy, or we can choose to learn the hard way and learn in sorrow". I loved that, and found it so powerful. Indeed we can choose the hard way but how wonderful that we have a loving Father in Heaven that has given us the tools and shown us the way that we have the option of learning with joy. I really love all of this chapter in Jacob.

Sunday was a nice day. Calm and lovely. I particularly enjoyed my drive to church in solitude as Big B had the kids and I was headed off to an earlier meeting. The trees were beautiful (and I was the only car on the road) and it was just peaceful. A sharp contrast to our weekend jaunt to NYC. Our Bishop spoke in sacrament meeting. His talk was about being rescuers and bringing our brothers and sisters unto Christ. He was a US Navy Rescue Swimmer and spoke with powerful and poignant imagery of that experience and the successes and failures he experienced and compared it to our call to rescue now. I really love our Bishop, he is so kind and wise and Godly.

In the evening we had a very nice BYD.

Sunday set a good tone for me. Yesterday we had our YW presidency meeting and that went well. Then in the evening we had friends over for FHE and dinner and our lesson went well and we had a great time.

I am sure grateful for the peace the Gospel brings and the many, many, countless blessings it brings into my life.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Great thought. It's up to us, isn't it. We can learn and then live with joy or sorrow. Yes, struggles come but how we deal with them makes such a difference.