THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, June 20, 2009

mudbound

I finished my summer reading challenge with Mudbound by Hillary Jordan.

I started this book first, but then put it down and read the other two. Not a good sign. When I completed the first two I almost didn't go back to Mudbound but I am happy I did. I ended up being drawn into the story and caring about the characters.

It is the story of two families in rural Mississippi just after WWII. One is black and the other white. One a landowner, the other a tenant. Both with sons who fought in the war and are now home and tyring to piece their lives back together. An unlikely friendship develops between these two men and the story is spun around their experiences, the prejudices of the people in the town, and the people they love.

Life really is an intereting thing and often leads us down paths we do not expect. This story has many twists in it, many hardships to overcome, many questions left unanswered but the choices they make and the way they try and make the best of their situation, or not, makes a good read.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I always love your book reviews.