THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Storm

We have had some powerful summer storming these past two days. Wind and rain and lightning raged outside. Some areas had hail and trees falling and floods and electricity out. The fury of the elements kept us up much of the night and morning found a dog, and two girls sleeping at the foot of our bed.
Still we were safe and sound. Our electricity was out for a short while but our home is safe. The kids rode it out with the help of some ds games and a movie. They did really well.
Recently at Stake Conference President Hadley asked us to do several things each day, to keep us safe from the storms of life. One thing was to read the scriptures with a pen in hand so we can jot down ideas, impressions, feelings that we have. I bought each of the kids a notebook and while we read they can write down things. Lu mostly draws but the others write meaningful things. Yesterday while we were reading Brother shared his page with C and all the kids wrote how keeping the commandments keeps us safe, and while life isn't problem free we can have help. I thought that it was interesting that all three wrote the same thing independently (we were reading 2 Nephi Chp 1). I think that exercise really gave them peace because all the ruckus outside didn't frighten them. The boys slept through it after they were tucked in bed, and the girls did come in our room during the wee hours of morning but they weren't crying or distraught.
I am feeling tremendously blessed lately and my heart if full of gratitude for the loving care of my Heavenly Father.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls only came in because the septic buzzer outside their window woke them up.

~DH

Yvonne said...

You are such a wonderful family--you are always obedient to whatever you are asked. You will certainly weather all those storms of life.

I have a good life said...

Thanks for keeping C safe. I wasn't even worried when the storms hit. And...it is the storms of life that are bothering him anyhow. Thanks for helping him.