I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

Thursday, March 12, 2009


this looks much more pathetic than it was.

Last week Brother came home complaining that his 'boy parts' hurt, he didn't say that, we use the real words, but I am not putting that here for any crazy to google and find. Anyway I didn't really know what was wrong and had him rest. It still hurt and he walked around bent over and was crying so I decided to take a look. Things looked in order. Beloved came home that night and he checked and thought he felt a little knot or something.

The next morning I called the doctor, even though Brother seemed fine at that point. He couldn't see me until the next day so I made an appointment and went about my business. Soon after his office called and said to go down to Cooks Children's and not to wait. I told them he seemed fine now but the advice didn't change. The worry was that he had a hernia or a twisted "T". So we went. We took some sketching books and reading books and prepared for a long wait. I was pleasantly surprised that it was super quick. We saw the doctor and she felt around around, had him turn and cough, and everything seemed fine, he did have some swollen lymph nodes but that was it. Since Beloved reported having felt a knot she wanted him to see a surgeon anyway.

Well a week has passed and he has been fine. Today we were supposed to go to our appointment. I felt like he was fine. Beloved did too. So we decided to cancel. It is always with a little hesitation that I do such things. I don't want to ignore a real problem. I also don't want to run to the doctor for any little thing ~ when I think a lot of things get better on their own anyway. Also we spent $150 last week for our little jaunt down and I didn't want to spend another $50 co pay for a specialist.

I think he's fine. Hopefully I am right.


Gabriela said...

Hope he's ok! I bet he is. :)

Holly said...

thats when its great to have a medical professional for a friend...I know he seems put offish, but Kimball has done almost every rotation and would be glad to give advice, but I think you did the right thing in this situation. Hope he feel better!

Cheri said...

That is always such a hard decision to make. I think I would have done the same thing in this case!

Yvonne said...

Those kind of things are always hard. Hope he is doing o.k.

allison nadauld said...

I am learning that there is a balance in these types of things. I am starting to lean towards trusting my gut instead of poking and prodding too much. Noah has gone through tests I didn't even want to do in the first place, only to have them come out normal. I just hope there isn't something I miss.

I have a good life said...

Hope is okay. Mother's intuition is almost always right, though, so if you feel good about it, I am sure it is a great decision!

lera said...

We are in the midst of a similar problem, except we have good health coverage, so we are following through. I hope your little guy is okay.