THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Trek

Everyone survived!
Yesterday we Rob & Tori, Big B and I drove out to VA to pick up Jen and Em from Trek. It was really great to have them here for a visit. They came on Friday and we went to see the sights & to eat crab. Saturday we drove to VA :)
All the parents lined up on the fence line and we could see them marching across the field as they finished their adventure. It was a stirring sight. I could see in my mind's eye the early pioneers crossing the plains and felt a great gratitude to them for their courage and the legacy of faith they built.
Likewise it was wonderful to see our young people, these valiant youth who have struggles every bit as difficult in the world they live in today, courageously pushing along. They are our modern day pioneers and they venture out to carry on with the great work of building the Kingdom today.
They were sweaty and hot and tired. 105 youth and their leaders. I enjoyed hearing a few stories and details as we drove. This morning in Sacrament meeting the high council speaker called up many of the youth to share their experiences with us. It was AWESOME to hear, they were so moved and had such testimony building experiences. The spirit was so strong. It was wonderful to see their faces, and hear their testimonies. What a blessing it is to have the gospel of Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

matt and michelle ray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
matt and michelle ray said...

Amen! I hope you don't mind but I quoted you over at The Rays Days. So glad they had such an awesome experience!