THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Girls Camp

Just got back from a fun filled week at girls camp! It was awesome and I LOVED it!!!

There were a few little bumps in the road but they aren't worth mentioning.

I won't dwell on the giant bugs, grouchy park rangers, hike that got half the girls lost and the other half not knowing where they were going, the "'well done" food or the occasional glitch in peaceful friendship. That was small.

What was huge was the FUN!

We spent our free time learning to double dutch. I am a better twirler than jumper but that's okay :)

The girls spent time getting certified. Here they are on their favorite rock reading the scriptures.


We piled in the car and drove to hikes, lakes, outdoor movies and everywhere else we needed to go.




We got to go to the beach and rent paddle boats and canoes.



My favorite was the zip line, part of the obstacle course.


My really truly favorite part was hanging out with these awesome YW, and Nicole.
They were so helpful, always asking what they could do. They were thoughtful with each other, we played games and sent them on treasure hunts, service scavenger hunts, and tent taking down competitions! We made s'mores and sat around the fire talking until late at night. We enjoyed an outdoor testimony meeting, an evening talent show and many fun pranks.
I came home exhausted, that's what all those late late late night ShhhHhHings will do to you:) and would go back in a heart beat. I hope I am still in YW next year so I can go again!!

2 comments:

Debby said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I agree girls camp can be exhausting, but what a great way to really get to know the girls. Welcome home!

utmommy said...

You're such a fun leader!