THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dinner Groups

Welcome Fall. I love wreaths on the door. Last year when J did her wreath fund raiser I was so excited because I always have wanted a real wreath on the door. Sadly it died rather quickly and wasn't the festively fun good deal I wanted. Maybe if we lived somewhere colder it would do better. I was not very happy when she brought home the same fund raiser for swim team, only because it's too warm here. Anyone want to buy a Christmas wreath?
Yesterday we finally got our fall decor out. We really don't have a lot but it's fun to put it out and enjoy the changing seasons. Our picture of the baby Jesus is not seasonal, He stays up all year long. He's the central figure in our lives and not just a guest at Christmas (or Halloween as the case may be :) )

Last night was our first dinner groups, we hosted. I thought our table looked nice. I love our brown goblets, so pretty. I made a delicious salad with nuts and blue cheese and cranberries! and rolls and Beloved's favorite "Pioneer Woman Lasagna". For dessert I bought individual cheese cakes that were quite yummy. We had a fun evening, with some of our favorite friends coming to join us. After dinner we played Wii. The only bummer was one couple didn't come, and one couldn't come. If I had known ahead of time I would have invited someone else to join us. There are several couples that are not doing dinner groups that I would have liked to invite over. It was still a very fun evening.

It was a busy day with soccer, karate, cleaning up and cooking for company, E,G, and Beloved took a quick run out to the Alliance Air Show, the girls went to the movies and to feed Renaldo. Busy.

6 comments:

Gabriela said...

How fun! Your house looks great. The wreath goes perfectly with your blog! :)

I would love to do a dinner group-that would be so fun.

Yvonne said...

I love your fall decorations--I guess I need to get some out SOON.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

looks so nice and I am sure the food was Awesome too

Unknown said...

Your home looks very festive for fall. :-) I love your picture of Mary and baby Jesus.
The dinner group sounds fun! Your table DOES look nice.

Thanks for visiting my blog. :-)

Alison said...

Hey, I've never noticed, your border in your kitchen looks "fall like" too! At least in the picture.

Britni said...

We just got put in charge of the Young Married COuples in our ward and are going to try out the dinner groups thing. So fun :)