THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 05, 2008

donuts

You know how lots of things that you make from scratch are SOOOO much better than store bought? Like chocolate chip cookies, ice cream, lasagna, mac n cheese, and many others. Well I thought we'd make donuts between conference sessions today. I thought they'd be sooo much yummier.
well, two hours later, and a big kitchen mess, and some fun "helping by the kids", we had two dozen donuts. And they were okay but 40 cents at Wal*mart will buy you a tastier donut and no mess.

Oh well, it was fun anyway.

update: the big girls, who were off feeding Renaldo when these were first done and sampled, said they are better than Albertson's donuts but not as good as krispe kreme and they are the connoisseurs of donuts thanks to Friday mornings at seminary for years and years of donut eating.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Muffin Man looks happy with them!

DH

allison nadauld said...

I've always wondered about making donuts at home. I think we'll be purchasers too. Thanks!

Lei said...

those look divine!

Cheri said...

Try using any brand of biscuits. Rip a whole in the middle and fry in oil and top with powdered sugar or cinnamon and sugar.
They are so so simple and they are awesome beyond words!!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

I'm quite impressed! I bake a lot but have yet to try making doughnuts at home. I'm glad you had a good time. How could they not taste good?! I don't think it is fair to compair your first try at home made doughnuts to krispe kreme. I'm sure after a few more tries, you could be competition for them! Etable doughnuts and the mess, makes memories for the kids that are priceless!

Alison said...

Homemade donuts are great, but a lot of work. We make them every year on New Years Eve. The kids love it!

Yvonne said...

I think homemade donuts are so messy to make. (I've made them a couple of times for my Seminary kids--when I buy donuts they are like $11.00 for 2 dozen ; (