THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Weekend

I love weekends! This on is a little different because Beloved is working. He's had a crazy work schedule the past few weeks while they do a GVT (don't ask, it's some engineer thing ;) ) This one has been better than the last one, for me anyway. Last time he had the night shift 7pm to 7am. That was tough. I know he was really tired and we had a hard time being quiet. We literally had to leave the house from 8am until about 3 every day so he could sleep. This time he's working 7am to 7pm. Which means he really gets home about 8:30 and he's tired but it's not messing me up any. He's missed a lot of soccer, which he's sad about. OT is nice though, especially just before Christmas and while we are trying to get house stuff up graded for the sell (think new carpet= $$$)

Anyway, yesterday and today both I slept in until 8am ish. It's been great. The kids have been sleeping until 7 ish and then quietly watching TV, a weekend only treat at our house.

Yesterday we watched some conference, and went to brother's soccer game (he scored a goal and his team won!!), then we went to Nikko's soup thing~ a favorite fall activity. Lu had a fever so she stayed home with J and S, she was bummed. H and E and I went over and had soup and visited and the kids played with their friends on the awesome play set Nikko's DH made. Very,very fun! I am really going to miss this gathering when we move.

When we got home from soccer we had a box waiting for us from Ohio. Yeah! Very exciting for all. We gathered round the box and pulled out item after item to see what kind of great things Nana sent. She has a great kid to kid kind of store near her where she finds the best deals and cutest stuff! Brother was especially excited this time because there was a lot of nice winter clothes for him, the girls always love new stuff.

3 comments:

allison nadauld said...

When are you planning on moving--is it Virginia, DC (I can't remember)? I hope you'll be able to finish out the school year.

nikko said...

I'm so glad you love my "soup thing". I only wish one year it would be actually cold enough for soup! LOL!

Yvonne said...

Glad you got to watch conference. (You asked if anyone dvr'd it for me--we don't get it on TV, but I'm sure our Stake has a copy. But I know I can watch it on the internet, so all is good)

Weekends are great.