THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, October 03, 2008

Sprint

Sprint is the stupidest freakin company on the whole planet. I am surprised they stay in business, well I know how they do, they trap you with their contracts. As much as I like the convenience of getting a hold of my two teenagers where ever they are I HATE cell phones. Life was better when people couldn't call me when I was in the store and when there was no phone to lose because it was safely attached to your wall at home. And I will not even mention how rude I think most people's phone etiquette is.

Just to refresh you memory, two months ago we had a huge bill because contrary to our specific request Sprint did not add unlimited texting to J's phone. We finally got that straightened out and moved on, no hard feelings, almost.

Fast forward to yesterday and a phone call saying there is a problem with our bill, great. Hard feelings back in a flash. I waited for morning to call since evenings are busy and I didn't have time for their stupid "customer service". This morning I discovered we once again have a bill that's over $1000. Why? Well somehow two months ago they turned off the unlimited texting on S's phone.

Now I've been on, and am actually still on (hold) with them. It's been a hour, and three representatives, and no lost temper yet...but I am close. I will not pay it.

*finally off the phone and they took off the texting charges, still our bill is higher than I expected. Beloved and I both have contracts that end in November, unfortunately the girls don't end for another year, but I am seriously tempted to pay the getting out fee; we might still save money in the long run especially if we go with a plan that gives free first two months or free what evers that they are always offering. I'm going to have to look in to it. I hate Sprint

11 comments:

Kathy said...

Sorry you have had so much trouble. That stinks! I also have Sprint & have had some trouble but they always fix it. Well most of the time. Hope things get better for you. By the way good job for standing up to them, more people need to do that!

Anna said...

We're switching to AT&T...just waiting for my phone to arrive. iphone baby!

Caroline said...

That stinks. Unfortunately, that tends to be what most cell phone providers are like. I am really hoping that the legislation goes through in CA (where else?) where they are saying that cell phone contracts are illegal, and should not be binding.

I've heard good things about Metro PCS. You just have to buy one of their phones (which aren't cheap).

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I am so sorry we have been relatively happy w our Service from T Mobile if you do change

Yvonne said...

I think cell phones are the biggest rip off--especially every time we cross the border into the U.S.

Sorry it has been such a pain for you.

Krystal said...

I used to work at a call center as a Sprint customer service rep. I feel your pain...from both sides of the phone call. :) I'm glad that you got everything worked out, and hopefully it won't happen again. I hope you got some free minutes out of the deal!

Britni said...

I think one of the worst merges ever was Sprint/Nextel. Nextel was such a nice company before, and Sprint ruined it. Oh well. Sorry about the big bill. My mom dropped Sprint (after my dad worked there for 10 years) because of their crappy customer service.

lera said...

We have had sprint for years and haven't had any problems, HOWEVER, we also don't have any cell-phone bearing/texting teens in the house. Thanks for the warning. I'm hoping we're years away from this problem, but it's nice to have a head's up.

(Oh, can I say how much I agree with lack of cell-phone etiquette? Ugh!!!!! It goes back to common sense, and a general lack of it.)

Rachel said...

I have always had Sprint. When I have had problems (just like the ones you have had...) I usually always get a good person on the phone and they reverse everything.

I think that all companies are about the same. I HATE paying to change companies and I hate that when you are a customer they can rip you off when you have to buy a new phone but as a NEW customer you get it basically free! That's my biggest problems with cell phones.

GOod Luck... for now we can always talk to each other for free all day long. sprint to sprint!

allison nadauld said...

I am seriously outraged that the costumer service has been so terrible. Good luck!

Colleen said...

Well, you have me sold to never ever switch to Sprint. From experience working in a cell phone call center, I know that most of the time there is a lot that the CSR's can do, but sometimes you just get jerk people who won't fix it when they can and should. Also, "supervisors" aren't always "supervisors." Many times it is someone who is the same rank as the regular CSR's but have more experience with the company, so they get to stand up and walk around and help people, but they don't have any higher authority to make changes to your account. I'm sorry you have been having ao many problems, I hate when big companies trap the little people just because they can. There should be a law to protect us somehow.