THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Birthday Boy

Today was E's birthday party. Tomorrow he'll be four! I can't believe it. He had a cowboy party which was very fun. Last night Dh, V and I painted a western scene to put by the front door. We also painted a throw the bean bag through the boot game, which the boys loved. Grandma made bandana print bean bags. They played several games, including the bean bag one, a rope toss game, drop the clothespin in the jar game, and duck duck goose. He got fun presents, had "blue cake" per his request and then ran amuck. Very fun!


He is an awesome boy and such a joy to our family. When we found out we were having a son, after four lovely daughters, we were surprised. My first thought was "oh no, cub scouts!" But after the initial shock, and now that he is in our family, I can not imagine not having him. He's all boy- he can throw a ball, run, jump, kick things, swim under the water, climb a tree. All those things. He's also so, so sweet. He snuggles in so close in the bed in the morning (and sometimes all night long). He is thoughtful and kind and insightful. He loves to help his dad, and all his family really and always reminds us to have prayers and scripture time. He sings really loudly to hymns he loves, will look at books for hours, and likes to play with his friends. I really feel blessed to have such a son. Happy Birthday!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

What a sweet boy! Happy Birthday!

Nettie said...

Happy Birthday to you, E!

Erickson Family said...

What a cute boy! You should be very proud. I have a 4 year old boy too who is my only one amoung 3 sisters. He is all-boy too and I have had so much fun exploring that world.

Sounds like you had a great day!