THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

one might think all we do is swim....

one would be right :)



Yesterday our friends called and invited us to go hang out with them at their pool. The kids cheered and we grabbed our suits and off we went. It was a lot of fun.

After we stopped by Grandma's house and the kids helped her sweep her garage.

After all the kiddos were in bed last night we watched Failure to Launch. I had wanted to see that in the theater but never got to it, which is no surprise since we normally see about 2 or 3 movies a year in the theater.
We have a blockbuster membership and we've been taking the kids every few days and letting one pick a movie, everyone had a turn except little J, she had two. Her first pick was Winnie the Pooh and they didn't like it so since she was last she got to go again. Next she picked Hello Kitty. A much more sophisticated film :) E chose Spiderman meets the Daredevil (cartoon), little S chose Inspector Gadget, H chose Pochantas, M chose Aquamarine (everyone's favotire pick~ I think they watched it 4 times) and T chose The Three Musketeers. The kids have enjoyed it.

We've tried to plan things for the kids to do each day that would be fun. I often wonder what will stand out in their memories, what they'll enjoy in the long run. Over the years I've been surprised. One year my SIL and I took all our little kids on a camping trip without our husbands. It was it was so much work, and fun. After we got back we asked them what their favorite part was and they said stopping at McDonalds on the way home and playing on the playground.

6 comments:

Mel said...

I am so jealous! Here in UT we don't get as many opportunities to swim unless you want to pay for public pools which are overpriced and overcrowed.

Nettie said...

Look at you bathing beauties! And what a fun pool! I've been wanting to take the kids swimming for a week now. Darn rain!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that pool looks so much fun. We want to come too. I bet you all had lots of fun.

Lisa M. said...

What a beautiful pool.

Oh I am jealous too!

Karla said...

Sometimes I think to myself, "Hmmm, why not skip the vacation and just go to McDonalds?"

The Amazing Trips said...

That is an awesome looking pool! Probably part of the reason you swim so much is because you are in Texas!! I know when I lived in the SE, we were in the pool every single day, in the summer. It was our reprieve from the heat!!