THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

childhood toys

challenge: write about your favorite childhood toy. Courtesy of Rachelle

I had a couple favorites growing up. One was a stuffed monkey named Makaka. He lived at my Baba's house and I only played with him when I was there but I would run in from our long drive to her house and get him first thing. I also remember getting a bionic woman doll for Christmas one year. My cousin, Gina, who was prettier and much more sophisticated than I, got a Barbie. Even then I liked strength in women. Little did I know how strong women needed to be to do their "jobs" well.

But the thing I wanted most of all, and sadly never got, was a horse. One summer however my friend Carol asked me to horse sit for her pony Velvet. My best friend in the whole world, Lana, had a horse. The two of us would walk over to the stable early in the morning and clean the stalls, feed the horses, saddle up and then ride all day. It was SO fun. That was my favorite summer as a kid.

5 comments:

Karla said...

I never got a horse either :(. And my mom waqs anti Barbie. I did have a couple, but not near the collections my friends had.

Mel said...

We had horses but no time to ride. However, I never owned a Barbie or a bionic doll.

Pirate Princess said...

We had Barbies & owned a horse for a short time. Gotta say though, my favorite was Fisher Price LITTLE PEOPLE & Richard Scarry's PUZZLETOWN. Now THOSE were toys! :D lol!

Gabriela said...

My dad told me once if I jumped off the high dive he would get me a pony. I was too scared, which is probably for the best since there is no way that he could have actually gotten me a pony!

Blackeyedsue said...

I always wanted a pony with splotchy coloring so that I could name him "Paint" like the one my mom had when she was little.