THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, June 09, 2006

vacuum envy and insomnia

I always sleep well. When I lay down I fall asleep. In fact when I sit down to watch a movie at night I often fall asleep, much to my families chagrin. But the last three nights, for the first time in my life, I am having trouble sleeping. I wake up often at night and stare at the ceiling. It's very wierd. And annoying. I get up and check everyone. Think about things, toss around, read in the bathroom so not to distrub DH. I don't know why but I hope it stops.

My sister just got a new vacuum. A Dyson. My other sister has a Kirby. Sometimes I dream about a good vacuum. We seem to break vacuums a lot so we just buy the cheap-o wal-mart models. I don't think they work as well. Vacuuming is my favorite chore but really the joy is gone for me with the long line of ridiculous vacuums I have been using. I used to ask DH for a nice vacuum on birthdays and Christmas, but there was always something else we needed or wanted and it never made it to the top of the list. Sigh. Well I guess I'll just have to comfort myself with my nice kitchen-aid, and my rocking knife, and flat top stove. (while closing my eyes to the refridgerator that doesn't have ice/water on the door and the couch that Millie has chewed up and the kids have stained) Oh how I suffer ;)

3 comments:

Karla said...

Did you ever think you would grow up and dream about vacuums? I dream about discovering secret rooms in my house and jumping with joy for the extra space. Wierd.

The Amazing Trips said...

Oh, I'm interested to hear what your sister thinks about her Dyson. I've been eyeing a Dyson Animal at Bed Bath & Beyond. With a 20% off coupon - - I could save a bundle. Meanwhile, I'm letting our kids "play" with our existing vacuum. So far, they've managed to break off 1 of the wheels. (Oh darn. Not really.)

I've heard nothing but good things about the Dyson. Plus - I love the guy's commercial. "I just believe things should work properly." But it sounds like he is saying "propaly" because he has a very strong Brit (??) accent.

Yes, it's funny the things we *dream* about ...

Amadeo said...

I love my Dyson, and Costco has a $75 off coupon! After I'm done vacuuming a room, I feel like it just got steam cleaned. I love seeing how much dirt I just sucked up too.