THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 08, 2006

where I admit to being a bad mommy...

It's 8:45am. We are all still in our jammies and our beds are unmade. The big girls are sleeping, recovering from all the fun of girls camp and just being regular teens. The little are outside playing in the sandbox that they love/and I hate. It's cool still although it'll reach 100 today and air level red. I told them I'd make French toast, but instead of doing that I am looking at blogs and posting. They are playing so nicely I don't want to interrupt them for something like food. I will make the French toast, I'm just enjoying a quiet moment.

I've been thinking a lot about parenting lately. How it shouldn't be hap hazard. How moms should be perfect and have a plan and execute that plan. I look at moms that I think are doing a good job and wonder what I should do differently. I look at moms that aren't doing so well and try and find the thing to avoid. With my oldest DD out of the house, living on her own, going to school, dating someone seriously and we are suspecting there might be wedding bells in the not so distant future I have thought on her life and things I've done well and things I haven't. I am lucky because I have more kids left to adjust my parenting on. I really, really want to be a great mom. Sometimes I am too lazy, busy, tired, whatever. Sometimes I am good.

Guess I'll be good now and go make breakfast.

3 comments:

Karla said...

I seriously doubt you are a bad mom! I have noticed that my "littles" are having a totally different experience then my "little bit biggers" did. I've learned a few things along the way, and some things I never seem to get right. And by the way, I always have a plan, it's executing it that seems to be the problem!

Mel said...

I don't think reading a few blogs is considered being a bad mommy! However, I admit that I feel guilty with my "computer time". You sound like a super organized person!

The Amazing Trips said...

Uh ... it's NOON here, and we're still in our PJ's.

The upside is - the babies have been fed, have clean diapers, played hard this morning before nap time, and are deeply - completely, loved. That's a success in my book!

We're off to the zoo this afternoon ... so I better end *my quiet time* of checking the blogs and get my bootie in to the shower!