THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 15, 2006

naptime, sweet, naptime

We have been having so much fun with the cousins, and there is still fun to be had. But the kids are getting tired, which means cranky. Today after lunch we told everyone they had to take a rest. Peaceful sigh. Right now, as I type, all the kiddos are in a bed either sleeping or reading. Val and I are watching Pride and Prejudice, the LDS version. She is doing her nails and I am typing. What a lovely moment of quiet.

This morning we went to the movies. They have a free summer movie marathon every Tuesday and Thursday morning. We saw Elmo in Grouchland. Well some of us saw it. G and I saw the hallway and mini arcade.

We've been swimming every day, and doing summer school, and letting the kids run amuck. Last night the girls got to spend the night at Grandma's so we stayed up with the boys and watched King Kong (very slow).

This afternoon S is going to 6Flags with some of her friends, we're going to swim (surprise!) and we're making BBQ chicken salad which is so yummy.

Last night I got a late night phone call, it was after 11pm and we had just gone to bed. It was D and she was so excited. I thought she'd been proposed to, but no she called to tell me that she caught a big catfish, 15 inches long. She just started her new fishing hobby and was excited. Then she called back 10 minutes later to say she caught an even bigger one. Are you fishing right now? I asked. Yep, she and Greg were fishing with much luck but no camera. Great! College days are so fun. I never went away to school as a young single person. I got married when I was 18 and had babies right away. I did go to school and eventually got a BA and a teaching credential but I have always hoped my girls would go off to school and have so much fun, ...and get an education, of course. I am excited for D and the others too. S wants to go to BYU and J wants to go to BYU-H. D is at UVSC. So here's to carefree college days and midnight fishing!

2 comments:

Amadeo said...

College is a great time, and an important life experience. I'm glad D is having so much fun.

I'm still sulking that I'm in CA and everyone is in TX without me. Boo.

Mel said...

I'm dreaming of BBQ chicken salad! Where's the recipe? :)