THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Billy Bobs, Nachos and First Flight

Last weekend JSF or F-35 as it is now known had it's first flight. It was a historic day in military aviation and a big deal at our home. DH has been working on the program for a number of years as a flutter engineer and he was so excited to see it fly. Brother went with him, Lucy and I actually started the morning with him as well but it was delayed and we had to go do wedding stuff.

It was really fun. We have lots of friends at church who work at Lockheed and they were all stoked about it. We also know the test pilot because he is the stake president in the next stake over so that's exciting too.

Tonight in celebration Lockheed rented out all of Billy Bobs (the largest Honky Tonk in the world). It was very nice. DH and I put on our cowboy boots and got kids all settled then headed over. There were TONS of people there. They had drinks and heavy appetizers. We visited with people that DH knows from work. There were speeches and at the end of the evening Pat Green performed. People danced and ate and visited. We enjoyed the evening a lot. It was fun to get out unexpectedly on a Tuesday night!

4 comments:

Chellie said...

That sounds totally amazing... what a great experience!

Unknown said...

What fun! It's neat that so many friends were involved.

Joyismygoal said...

I am so happy for all those engineers I know it has to be amazingly satisfying to be able to say I was partof creating that!!!

nikko said...

I'm jealous that you got to go and have fun. Hope you thought of me while I was telling corny jokes at the Pack Meeting. ;o)