THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Baby


Today is S's 16th birthday! We had a surprise party for her this summer but couldn't let the day pass without a birthday cake and giving her her presents and singing to her (about 4-5 times)

I'm not home so I can't put up a baby picture but trust me she was the cutest baby ever.

In keeping with tradition here is her birth story.

Christmas Eve we went to Grandma Joyce's house. It was really cold that year and pipes around town were bursting. The pipes at our ward building broke and the bishop called us to go help clean things up. S's dad went and I stayed with D to celebrate. I wasn't feeling great and wondered if things weren't beginning. When he came back to get us and we were loading the car with our stuff I told him "we might have a christmas baby".
We went home and put D to bed and then went to bed ourselves to try and sleep. I actaully went to sleep but was awakened at 4am knowing this is the real thing. We called grandma to come over and gathered our stuff. When she arrived we headed out into the quiet dark christmas morning to the hospital. We drove by houses lite up with lights and it was calm and peaceful. I was having contractions the whole time and had to pause in the parking lot, in the ER, in the elevator, at the desk, ect. The nurses checked and said we were staying, which I knew, and we quickly got changed and into the bed. At that point things happened fast and furious and at 6am on the dot our little Christmas baby was born. The doctor said "it's a girl!" I was really hoping for another little girl. My closest in age sister is 10 years younger than me and I always thought it would be so fun to have a sister close so I wanted that for D. We had a name picked out but changed her middle name to Noel in honor of the day. She was so sweet and peaceful and calm and really beautiful. I had a great delivery and felt great.

We spent the day in the hospital. Family came to visit. Grandma Natalie brought D to meet her sister and she ate jell-o with me on the bed and admired S.
We went home that night after dinner. S was great and has always been easy going and sweet. She was my best Christmas present ever! and I am so blessed to have such a sweet daughter.

2 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

aw. Love it. What a special Christmas present!

Anonymous said...

Love the cake, what a neat idea! What a special present.