THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, December 18, 2006

Getting in the spirit

When it's 78 degrees outside and you've been preoccupied with wedding stuff it's hard to really feel Christmasy. We have done several Christmas activities and we have some decorations up in our home. Despite this I just don't have that sparkly magical feeling that usually comes with Christmas. I haven't done any wrapping and we haven't had boxes arriving at our doorstep. We haven't decorated our tree or even sent out Christmas cards. The kids are excited but even for them it seems almost like an afterthought.

Now the time is growing short and the wedding is done and we're trying to catch up on all that we haven't done, and hopefully we'll feel the Christmas spirit. I have ordered most our gifts on line and had them shipped straight to Nana's house. I guess I'll have plenty of wrapping to do when we get there :) Today we did go to the mall to buy a few things that we couldn't get on line. We fought the crowds and got our packages. Then we stopped in the play area to take a break. We bumped into someone we knew and had a fun visit catching up. I only have one gift left to buy. H wants a stuffed penguin and, oddly enough, I haven't been able to find one.

Tonight we went out and delivered goodies to some of the families DH and I either home teach or visit teach. We have a few more to do tomorrow. In a few minutes I'll go address our cards and get them ready to send tomorrow. The list is getting whittled down.

Then maybe I'll read Luke 2, and listen to some quiet carols. I really do love this time of year when the whole world seems a little more focused on peace, and doing good one to another.

We are looking forward to seeing our family, although dreading the drive. We're spending Christmas Eve with our good friends who moved away this summer and are really looking forward to seeing them too. Although dreading the drive.

So, Merry Christmas...only 6 more days!

9 comments:

Gabriela said...

I don't blame you! I can't imagine planning and carrying out a wedding in December along with everything else.

Thank goodness for online shopping, eh?

Enjoy the next week to its fullest!

Merry Christmas!

utmommy said...

I can't believe Christmas is in 6 days. Holy cow. We are excited, but wish we were spending it with you.

Anonymous said...

The house looked great! What a whirlwind... hope you have a sweet Christmas "season".. :)

Anne/kq said...

I'll trade you your weather for my weather. *grumbles*

Every year since I can remember, this time of year we have weather in the 60s-- usually mid to high. Christmas morning is always a clear, sunny day with temps in the 70s (usually low.)

This week we're in the 40s. Overnight lows in the high 20s. I am NOT AMUSED.

Anne/kq said...

Oh, and amazon has a stuffed penguin. There's still time to get it there by Christmas!

Toys 'R' Us has one on their website, you could call and see if they have one in your local store. Ditto K-B Toys.

Anonymous said...

Ugg, long drives! I hate that! I hope the weather cooperates for you. And Merry Christmas in spite of being so busy!

Rachelle from Teacher, Mom, Mad Woman (blogger is having issues)

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, I'm just exhausted reading your posts. I hope you have enough time to get everything done that you need. And then a little time to rest so you can actually enjoy Christmas. :-)

Joyismygoal said...

I posted this yesterday but it did not appear get in thespiritand come to my cookie exchange tomorrow

Unknown said...

My husband and I delivered Christmas cards and goodies to families we home/visit teach in our area, plus some others, and I think that has been the highlight of the season so far.

Relax and enjoy the rest of the season...or the start of the season for you. :-)