THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

40 Day Fast

Our ward is having a 40 day fast. Every day a family signs up to fast for missionary work in our area. I think we are on week two. Today was our day. Yesterday was the Lee's turn. Last night we went to their home and had dinner with them. She made very yummy spaghetti. The kids had a great time playing with their kids, the Lees are new in our ward so we didn't know them very well, they are awesome and we had a very nice evening.
Tomorrow is the Shuldburg's turn so we had them over tonight for dinner (hamburgers). That way the family that is ending their fast break theirs with meal before the next continue. I don't know who thought of it but it's a very nice idea. We enjoyed both evenings very much, as did the children. They really think fasting is fun now, although none of them fasted.
I hope the work will really pick up and that we will see many blessings from this.


Tonight after dinner Beloved and brother did some yard work. It was so cute to see the little guy wielding his dad's big ol' work tools :)

4 comments:

Robin said...

It was nice we had the Dixon's over. Very fun to get to know someone that We didn't know really well before.

allison nadauld said...

I love that idea. We did a 40 day fast, but we didn't do the dinners. I think that would really connect the experience for the members. Thanks for sharing!

nikko said...

Hmm... I had no idea this was going on! I guess that's the break when you're in the primary. LOL.

Shauna6pack said...

What a fabulous idea! I'm going to suggest it to the Relief Society president to present at Ward Council.