THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 07, 2008

sabbath day

Today we had a good Sunday. Church was nice, the kids were freezing in the chapel for some reason. It's always cold in there. I bought Lucy and H white sweaters to wear over their dresses but we didn't bring them today so we had three kids trying to squeeze into the warm spot in the middle of Beloved and myself. Other than that the testimonies were nice and both RS and Sunday School lessons were good.

When we got home the girls and I watched Ballet Shoes. This movie is definitely a two thumbs up. It was very sweet and heart warming. It's the story of three orphans, Paulina, Posy and Petrona who are raised by an eccentric paleontologist explorer and his niece. He left on an expedition and left money enough for 5 years. 12 years later...I won't give anything else away but it was a treat for us all. H watched it again a second time right after we finished the first time through. Apparently it was a book first, but I have never heard of it, I'll go looking for it now. I am sure H and I would enjoy reading it together.

E had homework. He had to make a time line of his life. We had a very fun time looking through pictures and choosing which ones he wanted to use. His timeline turned out really well.


Here's a sample picture, one that didn't actually make it on the time line but that I think is so funny. E, at 11 months old, enjoying some blueberries.

After dinner H and I made peanut butter cookies with Hershey's kisses pressed on them. Yummy. I got the recipe in a Paula Dean magazine this last Friday when Beloved and I went to the library.

6 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

We are going to have to check that movie (and book) out. . .and he is sooo cute!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I read that book and thoroughly enjoyed it. I picked up on it watching the movie You've Got Mail!!:) i want to see the movie did you buy it? E like Blueberries like his Dad. will you call me :)

utmommy said...

Sounds like my girls would love that movie.

J has to do a time line for school too!

I have a good life said...

The Sabbath can be so rejuvenating! It sounds like you had a great day. The movie sounds really fun. I'm sure that K would like it, too.

Cheri said...

Thanks for the tip on the movie. I've never heard of it but it looks like a great one to watch with my girls.

Yvonne said...

I'll have to see if I can find that movie.

(I think most Church buildings are soooooo cold during the summer and soooooooo hot during the winter.

Love the picture.