THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, September 08, 2008

my friend Kathy asked "what are you looking forward to"

This is such an awesome time of the year. I love the beginning of the holiday season and the fall fun that is coming up. Kathy posted some things she is looking forward to and asked what we, her loyal readership, were looking forward to. What a fun question.
So in on particular order:

Yesterday in RS my dear friend Joy talked about reading the Book of Mormon before conference, in order to prepare to feel the spirit and get the most of out conference. She actually said that Brenda Woodruff did it several years ago and she always remembered that. As she was talking the idea resonated with me and I decided to give it a go. I haven't read the whole thing yet this year and if I read 20 pages a day I can make it. I did last night, 1 down Whoo Hoo! Dieting. I am looking forward to losing a couple pounds before the holidays, you know, so I can find them again during the high eating festivities.
For Thanksgiving we rented a cabin in Oklahoma. We are all really looking forward to a couple quiet days in the woods, sitting in the hot tub, hiking, eating turkey outside. Fun!
Conference, and the Women's Broadcast and Nikko's soup thing. One of my favorite fall events :)

Christmas! Love it. All of it. The true meaning of it, the commercial trappings, the music, the movies, the food, the gifts, the time with family. The whole kit and caboodle.
and #1, even though I said it's not in order, in November Dani is coming to spend a week with us!! Yea! Can't wait to have her here and to spend some days with her. BTW, she'll be doing haircuts in the kitchen for $10 a head while here so if you are nearby and want a great haircut put it on your calendar!
...and dinner groups, and a fall carnival, cold nights to snuggle under the covers with Beloved, and soccer games, swim meets, a movie or two.

7 comments:

I have a good life said...

All of those things are great things to look foward to! What a great time of year it is! :) I'm trying to get DH to let us go back to the cabin for Christmas! :) Hopefully we can. That was awesome.

Yvonne said...

Those are all such great things.

That is a wonderful goal--to read the Book of Mormon to be better prepared for Conference.

(BTW, I keep getting notices back like my comments are not posting, but I think they are--I hope they are???)

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

What a great post, very inspiring! I really hope that's your house in the last photo. . .if so, we're driving down to spend Christmas with you in a truly beautiful way!

utmommy said...

I'm looking forward to most of those things too!

Kathy said...

Yeah! You are awesome and so Loyal! Thanks. Those all sound so fun! I am def. going to need haircuts for Emma & myself. What week in Nov will she be here? Does she do highlights?

Pirate Princess said...

I love this post! Such wonderful ideas - thank you. :)

Anne/kq said...

I love Christmas, too. And that cabin looks delish!