THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, September 12, 2008

one of my wasteful indulgences

I love bath and body works soap. I do, and I can't help it. It's such a pleasure to wash with the nice fresh scent and the little bead thingies that are in them. Yesterday I bought three bottles of the new fall scent. And I love it. I wanted to buy the one that looked like a pumpkin, so cute, but it was $10 for one and I couldn't in good conscious do it. However I do happily pay $10 for 3 bottles instead of the more frugal $1 at the dollar tree for a much bigger bottle of another soap. From time to time I buy the cheap-o one and I am always disappointed. I wash my hands a lot, whenever I am in the bathroom for myself or for one of the littes, when I clean something with a harsh chemical, many times during the cooking process, which happens many times a day here. I try and be a frugal mom but rarely can walk by B&B without some nice soap to brighten my sink and my day. BTW, I am still on track with my 20pages a day, which is a shocker. If anyone remembers my new years resolution of 7 pages a day~ well that lasted about a day. I am finding great joy in my more in depth reading. With the hurricane off the gulf right now and everyone preparing for the worst I have been reading in 2 Nephi and have been struck by the parallels that I can find. There are great warnings and calls to be prepared before the great and dreadful day. Everything looks fine, in fact Satan lulls us into thinking "all is well in Zion", but the day will come. Right now as I look out my window our day is sunny and warm, yet the storm front comes. Some people will prepare, others will think there is not danger. I hope to be prepared for the storms of life, both physical and spiritual. I am so grateful for the knowledge of knowing what to do, and where to be, and what is important.
We have a busy night tonight. E has a birthday party to go to, H has her book club, J has her homecoming football game. Hope the weather is good.

6 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

Everyone in Tx that I know who is LDS is living a great calm right now. :)

Kudos to the reading! I used to have a favorite Bath and Body soap - it was the peach soap with the pits in it... smelled fabulous and was great for scrubbing. I wish they still had it. :(

Chellie said...

I love B&BW soap too!

Calm before the storm. You have all been in our prayers.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I am so pleased for you that is a great commitment

Suzanne said...

I love soap from Bath & Body Works too! Good luck as the Hurricane approaches. I can't even imagine!

I have a good life said...

Great job on the reading. I am soooooooooooo impressed. I am also a Bath and Body Works soap fan. Lotions..not so much. Soap...love it! I don't use it that much...$ ya know, but now that I'm not paying for my nails...I think soap might be my new indulgence.

Krystal said...

I'm very impressed with your reading goal. I hope that you and your family are all okay since the hurricane hit.