THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Guess how much I spent on all this?

Go on, guess.

..okay, you'll never guess. $9.37 and that's because I got Lucy a new crown. It was stressful though, worth it, but stressful.

I have been wanting to coupon...but haven't, because we don't get the paper. Maybe I will now. Today I got an email with some Internet coupons that were too excellent to pass up so I decided to try it out. On the way home from the airport I stopped at Krogers, filled my cart and went to check out. My coupons wouldn't scan. So I told them no thanks and went across the street to Albertson's where I did a test run with one item, that went fine, so I filled the cart again and went to check out. Everything was fine, I got a bunch of stuff and was only going to have to pay $30. I was excited. Then the manager came over and said that Albertson's policy is not to take coupons worth more than $5 and not to take coupons that are for more than the item is sold for. Once they took those off I owed over $100, umm, no thanks. Well I knew that several of my friends had gone to Wal mart, today, and had no problem. So Lucy and I headed to a third store (can you imagine how happy I was about that?) and filled the cart again. They were out of several of the couponed items but I was able to get several things and saved over $100 which was great. I saved less than anyone else that I knew with several (meaning more than 3) of my friends saving $200-400.


Next time I'll go to Wal mart first. And maybe I'll get a paper.

9 comments:

c. griffith said...

Whoa! What kind of coupons were those? And yes, Walmart is by far the best when it comes to prices and coupons.
charmela

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I saved 194 @ten tonight between Albertson's and Walmart

Julia Roberts said...

That is totally amazing. What a great deal! I will have to call you on this one.

Kathy said...

We need more info! Where did you get the coupons and how did you save so much?

Christine said...

i used to coupon shop with sarah so that reminded me of thsoe days...you guys are too cute...hope your parents got off well...glad you got to see them again

Britni said...

I got those coupons from Marcia and knew that a lot of places won't take them if they're more than the original price... oh well. Glad you got so much stuff :)

Rachel said...

I went to walmart..(not in saginaw) and my bill was $194 and they paid me $8.28!!! I was amazed... I even got 4 boxes of cereal that I didn't have a coupon for so that I would have to pay something for my exploding cart of goodies!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Might you be willing to share? I seriously need a lot of food for a little money right now. The life of students...

Gina said...

That is amazing! I always hear stories like this one and am blown away! How in the world do you do that?

I saved $35 at walmart this past weekend with regular coupons I clipped and thought that was alright, but saving $100 sounds way better!