THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 10, 2009

good movie, good book, good rolls

It's funny how things come in sets. For Christmas J and S got Beloved the book "the Last Lecture". It was on his bedside stand and I picked it up to read. I'm not quite done with it but I have enjoyed it so much. He is funny and relatable and wise. Many of the things he talked about really resonate with me. His theme was "reaching childhood goals". In "the alchemist" the premise is that children know their life's ambition or dream but that we forget it, our hero does not forget his dream and in fact it is while on the journey to make it a reality that he becomes "self actualized" if you will, and finds meaning and purpose not only in his life but in the universe. Randy also spoke of the dreams we have as children and the joy and fulfillment it gives us to realize those. They both talk about living in the moment. Right now. Very powerful and similar ideas in the two books. I'm going to have to really ponder on these things.
Last night S and J and I went to the movies. We saw Bride Wars. We loved it. It was not well reviewed but it was funny and cute, predictable but fun anyway. Before that we went out for spring rolls, so yummy and had the best time talking and laughing together. It was a good night :)

4 comments:

utmommy said...

You are such a fun mom.

Sounds like a book I would like.

Yvonne said...

I followed Randy's blog for awhile and was so impressed with him. I'm sure there was lots to ponder.

I thought that movie looked like it would be cute. Glad to hear your take on it. (I love spring rolls ; )

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

of course I remember you! And I stalk your blog every once in awhile too. :)

Love, love, love The Last Lecture. What an amazing man. What a beautiful gift for his children.

And your blogs really cute too. I think I need to add something to the background of mine, it's kinda bland.

Gabriela said...

That movie looks really cute. I've started the book-but I need to finish it.