THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 04, 2009

sunday morning laziness

A Hero doesn't appear until the world really needs one

For our last day of vacation we cleaned out weeds around the pool and did some laundry :) then we headed out to the movies and saw The Tale of Despereaux. It was really cute, different than the book (of course) but cute. I liked the vegetable guy and the happy ending.

J spent the weekend (Friday and Saturday) camping at Enchanted Rock. Where she had a very lovely time. They had to hike it all their water, including for cooking and all. They hiked up the rock after dark to see the stars. She & Emma and Rebecca hiked again before dawn for a second view. I think everyone had fun except for Scott, one of the dads, who hurt his ankle (I hope it's not broken) and had to be carried out :(

Church starts at 1:30 this year. Which means sleeping in Sunday mornings for us. A welcome change.

I don't love the photographs our realtor took. Last night we sent her some of ours, hopefully she'll swap them soon. She used a wide angle lens but her flash caught the edge and left a shadow on many of the pictures, annoying.

Tonight we are making ice cream in our new ice cream maker! I'm excited.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like such a nice day. I wish I could hike like J, but alas I can't. I am climbing all these stairs though and getting better at it.:) Too bad your laundry queen moved. She had fun doing laundry and having folding parties.
Give all the littles a hug and kiss for me.

maggie moran said...

Wow! I got a churn/crank ice cream maker last year! Hope you had a nice holiday and the best in 2009! Ew, and I love the wrapping paper blog design. ;)

Yvonne said...

Yum on homemade icecream.

We always have Church at 10:00--only Ward in our building.

Didn't get to see Tales of Desperaux.

Happy New Year.

utmommy said...

I love ice cream! Especially homemade. Enjoy!

wendy said...

We just changed from 1:30 church to 8:30am. I am so excited for a sunday nap!

The hike sounds like fun!