THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, July 24, 2006

cooking emergency: too many bananas going brown, too much zuch!

Here's one of my favorite kitchen gadgets, my little chopper. I had a huge zuch and it made short time of it and then we turned it into..tah dah bread! I still have enough left for four more loaves. We'll make them later in the week. The banana peels on the side were just turned into yummy fruit slush, they were getting a little soft and we can only eat so much bread and since zuch slush doesn't sound as good the bananas got to be beverage and the veggie a bread!

Tonight is our combined FHE and that will be my contribution.



Zuchinni Bread

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated zuch
3 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
3 t baking powder
3t vanilla

Shift dry ingredients. Mix wet. Blend together. Pour into two greased bread loaf pans. Bake at 350 for an hour. Smells great the whole time!

Fruit Slush

2 cups water
1 cup sugar
6 bananas
1 can crushed pineapple
1 can OJ concentrate
addition fruits as desired. (this time I added half a bag of frozen mixed fruit)

Mix, freeze. Take out 1/2 hour before serving and crunch it to a nice slushy consistancy. Enjoy on a warm day (which are plentiful in TX)

8 comments:

Mall Worker said...

That slushy sounds really good!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yummy! Those both sound so good. I might have to give that slush a try. I think the bread might be beyond my cooking capabilities.

utmommy said...

I still need to make my bread. I better get on it.

Amadeo said...

I'm scared of zuchini bread...

Lei said...

mmm all around!

talitha said...

Thanks for the recipe! I found your blog from TX Mommy's...I am really enjoying it!

wendy said...

I have never made zuchini bread, but I have a few large zuchini sitting on my table. Thanks for the recipe!

Your blog is so cute!

Anne/kq said...

Emily's Banana Cake is our favorite way to use those black bananas. http://www.recipezaar.com/138242

As for zuchs, what, you don't use them as missiles when the neighbor's dog runs in your yard? *grin*