THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, July 31, 2006

Toothpaste, and other important matters

I am not one of those people who has a lot of brand loyalty to one thing or another. In fact I think I'm pretty easy going. I can find something I like to eat at any type of restaurant (except maybe German, which I don't love), most music is fine with me (although I do admit to turning off the radio on occasion and telling my girls "that's not even music") and TV...okay, I'm not as easy going as I thought I was at the beginning of the sentence BUT there is one thing I am particularly particular about and that is my toothpaste. I love to brush my teeth. It's my favorite hygiene activity. My DH tells me to stop before I wear off all the enamel, which for the record I don't think can happen. For years I always used Close-up. It was my favorite. Then a year or two ago Wal-mart was out and I was forced to try something else. I tried Colgate with the little breath strips and was so pleasantly surprised. It was like a party in my mouth, and a whole new world of brushing fun. I even called my sisters and shared the joyous discovery with them. It's my new favorite. MSV and Anna were shocked that I would try something else (I think they've both secretly converted).

Well, today I was at the store and needed toothpaste. I forgot until I was in the check-out line, three kids in tow, full cart, people lining up behind me. Darn it. Then I saw a new toothpaste prominently displayed by the candy. Crest Citrus something. I was skeptical, but remembering my last try at something new I threw caution to the wind and bravely tossed it in with the mini-wheats, soy milk, limes and assorted other things we needed.

Tonight when I went to brush my teeth I tried out the new tube. ....it was disgusting. It was like brushing with Orange Crush. It ranked up there with the horrible time we were on vacation and I brought the kids bubble gum flavored toothpaste and not my own and had to share. You have to ask yourself if you are brushing with bubble gum is there really any point?

Now I have to go back to the store tomorrow. Something I am loathe to do. And I have to figure out what to do with the offending tube, do I pawn it off on my sweet children? (what kind of mother would that make me?) Or maybe I should try and sell it on e-bay.
Yuck!

5 comments:

Mall Worker said...

I always wondered about the citrus flavored toothpaste, now I know! I think you should offer it to your kids and if they don't like it pitch it. I'm a big fan of colgate total, I love the clean feeling it leaves!

The Amazing Trips said...

This is a great public service announcement and hopefully ALL of your readers will learn from your mistake.

I KNOW how awful this stuff tastes - because I've been tricked in to buying it too. It looks like it would be so great tasting. But really. Orange toothpaste. What did I expect???

Awesome Mom said...

Sell it on eBay and say that a famous person used it.

Mel said...

I luv 'em all.... orange, lemon, vanilla, cinnamon, mint.

I think I'll try the Colgate one with the breath strips.

Anonymous said...

I tried the Crest lemon toothpaste and it was gross as well. That's what we get for venturing out I guess.