THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, July 31, 2006

Ruth's Mango Chicken Salad

This is the perfect dish for when it's hot out. You can make it in the morning, let it sit in your fridge: flavors blending, cooling to just the perfect refreshing temp, and then when you are done with your afternoon activities it's ready. We often have friends over in the afternoon to swim, which is so fun. But we don't want to get out to fix dinner so this is great. When DH comes home we get out, friends head home to feed their hungry spouses and kids, and we are ready.

Ruth's Mango Chicken Salad
(vary amounts to taste and number in your family)

2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
2 mangos, cubed
bunch of cilantro, chopped
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
a bag frozen corn
red peppers, sliced and diced
red onion
juice from 2 limes
1/2 cup italian dressing

Mix and chill, serve with tortilla chips. (I added more chicken in mine, didn't have an onion or pepper but it's still so yummy!)

I am always on the look out for dinner ideas that are easy to cook, tasty, good for you and don't cost a lot.

4 comments:

Mel said...

Sounds yummy and healthy too! I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh that's a great idea. So do you eat it cold or warm it up?

Lana said...

we eat it cold

The Amazing Trips said...

Oh this looks great!!! I love chicken ... I love mango ... what could be better?!