THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 16, 2007

an award

Lei nominated me for the nice matter award! Thank you Lei, I try and be nice so this one was especially fun.





More about this award: It is for "those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends & those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you've been awarded please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award."





The hard part of passing it on was limiting it to just 7 others :) but here's my list:


Joy Is My Goal


I Have A Good Life




Three Blond Boys




Two Brandts


Wendy's Tiki Hut
I linked the ones you can't find on my side bar.
And now, a Meme:
Five Things

5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago:

1. teaching 1st grade at Monte Vista Elementary
2. serving as the homemaking leader (my least favorite calling to date)
3. swimming in the apartment pool after work with my three darling girlies
4. going to "loser fests" with my single friends
5. driving a cute little Kia Sportage, my "chic car"

5 Things on my to-do list:

1.clean out the garage; one garbage day at at time!
2. go to a Maryland information meeting tonight
3. clean the upstairs
4. send Grandpa Thacker's birthday card
5. finding matching socks for DH.

5 Snacks I enjoy:

1. chocolate chip cookies, hot from the oven
2. grapes
3. Aunt Annies cinnamon pretzels
4. popcorn
5. peanut M&Ms

5 Songs I know the lyrics to:

1. hhmmm, besides kid songs I'm more of an la de dah duhology kind of singer, I know key phrases only

5 Things I would do if I were a millionaire:

1. Pay off all my debts
2. Fill those college, mission and wedding funds.
3. Go to Europe with my sibs on a lovely Mediterranean Cruise, courtesy of me.
4. invest
5. save

5 Bad Habits:

1. I'm kind of sloppy
2. I rarely floss.
3. I stay up too late at night.
4. I return library books late.
5. I procrastinate

5 Things I'd never wear again:

1. leg warmers
2. 501' size 0 ~ not because I don't want to.
3. painters overalls
4. the big ol' bangs of the 80s
5. Maternity clothes

5 Favorite toys:

1. my digital camera
2. My laptop
3. My Kitchenaid mixer
4. my cell phone
5. My stack of books to be read.

13 comments:

utmommy said...

I just nominated you for this award too!

Suzanne said...

You taught at Monte Vista Elementary? Was it in Utah? I went there and so did all my siblings! :D

I'm also guilty of returning library books back late. I suspect we have one more hidden somewhere, but I won't know for sure until I get the late notice! LOL!

Tori :) said...

Hey! I put maternity clothes and size 2 jeans for things I wouldn't wear again either. LOL!!

Anonymous said...

My dentist once asked me if a floss regularly.

"Yup," I said. "Once a week."


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

nikko said...

What?? You're supposed to floss??

I love peanut m&m's, too. So much more satisfying than plain ones.

Thanks for thinking I'm nice. :o)

Yvonne said...

I had to chuckle with the "5 songs I know the lyrics to"--but then again, if I sing out loud--NO ONE BETTER BE AROUND!!!

utmommy said...

I think you better get the recipe for those pretzels and give it to me!

maggie moran said...

Never say never! I'm sure leg warmers will make their comeback any day now! :D

Joyismygoal said...

thanks, i am so touched.

Holger Danske said...

Funny 4/5 of your
"Things I'd never wear again"
are the same as mine

Anne/kq said...

Awww, how nice. :)

I think I'm with you on things to do if I was a millionaire.

Anne/kq said...

Oh, and I attended Monte Vista Elementary (in La Crescenta, CA) barely more than 10 years ago... (12 years, to be exact.)

wendy said...

Oh, Look! It's me! How sweet of you! Really. No, you're the sweet one!

size 0 - yikes!
peanut M&M's - yum!