THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 09, 2007

stuff ~ literally

Yesterday DH took the day off of work. The moving van was coming to deliver some things that we had inherited from Grandma B. We had a very productive day and got lots done, which I was so happy about. Brother got this new bed. It looks so great in his room and he has a lot more room to play now too.
He also got this nice dresser. His old one is now in the garage and we're using it to hold paper and art supplies. Yeah. Speaking of the garage now that we have the door fixed we've been cleaning in there and it's looking much better. It's been funny to watch stuff find new homes. We put it on the curb and then wait. It's always gone within a few hours and the kids come running "mom, someone's taking _______" We always duck because we don't want to scare them off :) A few more weeks and hopefully all the boxes will be gone and we will have an organized garage!
This china cabinet was made by DH's Grandpa B. It came with a couple pieces broken off but he was able to fix it and it looks so pretty. I am thinking about taking a china painting class and filling it with lovely things. My BFF growing up's mom (Mom2)painted and her plates and stuff were so beautiful. When each of the three big girls were born she painted them china shoes (which are now in the cabinet). I love them. I wish she could have made some for the littles...maybe I'll make some myself.

3 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Wow the stuff is allso beautiful and the aprons are looking cute:) when is her party?

nikko said...

So what did you do with the other piano?

Yay for new stuff! :o)

Anne/kq said...

That is a beautiful cabinet! And we've gotten some pretty cool stuff (toddler rocker, play kitchen for my dad's house) from neighbors' "trash", and someone has our old sectional couch... It's a tradition around here. :)