THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, August 17, 2007

It's 10 pm do you know where your kids are?

S is out with friends from school. They were at the mall, now they are eating somewhere.
J is at her friend Reagan's birthday party. I drove her and Siara and Sophia there earlier, their dad will bring them all home.
We just finished watching High School Musical 2 and now the littles are tucked in bed.. but not yet sleeping.
and I don't know where D&G are, although I hardly ever do, but MSV told me they had a ward activity so maybe that's where they are.

We had book club here today. Only Joy and Nikko came. We had a good time chatting and eating. Nikko hadn't finished the book so we didn't discuss it much but it didn't matter. It takes a long time to make friends that you feel really comfortable with, that feel almost like family. I am grateful to have friends like that here.

I just finished reading a book that was really weired and I didn't really enjoy called Modern Mary. Lucky for me Joy brought a potential book club book candidate and I've been reading it this afternoon and so far I really like it (except the colorful language peppered through out.. why do they do that?)

I've been asked several times when we are moving. The answer is I don't know. DH has a plane, well technically it's not his but he's been with it since it's design (F-35) and that plane will start flight testing next year some time in the late fall. That's when he'll go. We'll go sometime after our house sells and between school years but whether that is summer of 08 or 09 I don't know and that's the biggest stinky part of it. Knowing we will move, but not knowing when, and knowing for soooooo long. It would be much easier to be told you're moving in 3 months, do what you need to do to get ready. But that's life.

HSM2 was fun. We got snacks and drinks at the store in preparation for the big event and then all went upstairs to the big TV. H grinned and sighed her way through it, brother is quite the dancer and every song he'd come grab my hand and we'd boogie. He wants to lead and is direct and forceful about it, which is so darn cute.

Busy weekend ahead. The girls have a temple trip tomorrow. H has a birthday party and E has karate.

Today my cute niece got baptized and we wished we could be there so much. And my dear sister Anna had a birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Baptism! Love you! Miss you, wish we were together!!



4 comments:

Anne/kq said...

What a fun time you had! I love a good book and I love little ones dancing.

Holger Danske said...

Hope the flight tests go well, they can be grueling sometimes. I just finished the forth set in the last two years. Sometimes I fly on the plane as a crew member, and sometimes I am part of the ground crew. Either way can be hard. It gets frustrating because they always have delays and such, so everything is hard to plan. More than once I have sat on a plane in those flight suits either sweating to death tr freezing just to have the mission scrubbed because of a circuit breaker or something. Ground crew is almost as bad because of the long hours, at least flight crew has 8 hour crew rest restrictions. Ground crew also has bathrooms which is a plus.
It would be much easier to be living at the site instead of traveling though. They can be very fun and exciting too.

wendy said...

My kids are dying to see High School Musical #2. I hope netflix carries it soon....

Your move sounds exciting - whenever it happens!

utmommy said...

Love and miss you too! So wishing we were together!