THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Tuesday in the summer.



this happy orange has to take the place of any pictures I might have taken but I have lost my camera's battery charger. It has mysteriously walked away, which is very frustrating. I am hoping it will walk back, however that is kind of unlikely.

We went to the central library this morning. It is SO fun, I love it. I got a book DH had been looking for, sadly eclipse had a waiting list of 79 people and every copy was already checked out. So now I am number 80 but I may have to buy it before 80 people read it. Problem is we are "on a budget" and it's back to school time and almost Christmas. Don't laugh, I start thinking about Christmas in August. It takes half the year to figure out what to buy and where to get the money to buy it, and to convince DH that buying presents is not optional. Cheap-o (said with the greatest of love, and actually being married to a budget conscious saver is a good thing. And in my defense I am not a huge spendy shopper however we don't always agree on what/where/how to best spend money and what is a necessity.

J had an orthodontist appointment today. The kids love to go because the waiting room is decked out with video games. I sat by a very interesting and talkative couple. People like to talk to me, I guess I have one of those "tell my your life story" faces. I get to hear fun and odd stories quite often.

Our garage door got fixed today. Yeah! It's been broken for a long time. Now that it's fixed we are very excited. We spent about an hour in it today hauling stuff out to the curb for trash day tomorrow. Hopefully the garbage man will take it all. Two or three more weeks of that and it will be clean.

D is off to girls camp. Hope she has fun! Greg is off on a survival man vs wild trip. Hopefully he'll come back alive:)

DH has been on a diet. He has been skipping his second dessert for almost a week and has already lost 10lbs. I "hate" him. I, on the other hand have been on a diet (on and off) for the last 20 years and I lost 2.5 lbs.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

rofl...that makes me remember that commercial with the girl complaining how she hates her husband can just skip a meal and loses weight. Hilarious.
sorry to hear about your charger.

Suzanne said...

I start buying Christmas presents this time of year too! I like to get deals throughout the year, then buy a couple of things the kids really want towards the end.

Giving up the 2nd dessert only? Isn't it frustrating how quickly men can lose weight???

nikko said...

Ugh. Guys. My DH teases (as he pinches the skin around his middle) "I'm gaining weight!"

Hmm... So Eclipse has a huge waiting list. I was at Central Market for lunch yesterday and there was a girl reading it while she was eating. I came **this close** to approaching her and asking her about it.

Joyismygoal said...

My hubby is loosing to because he is not having a late nigh tsnack it is not fair they can loose so easily

Cheri said...

That is so true- it's not fair how men just think about dieting and the weight falls off- we just think of eating something and the pounds pack on!
Something's very wrong with how that works!

Tori :) said...

Why is it that guys can skip dessert and do a few crunched for a week and lose so much weight??? NOT FAIR!!!!!!!

utmommy said...

I hate him too!

I have a good life said...

Sorry about the charger. Bummer. We go to the Central Library at least once a week. It is very cool and we spend hours there. About a budget...I am a fairly good budget follower, yet after my clothes shopping spree at JCP today...Quicken is letting me know that I am more than $150 over on the clothes budget. I also shop way early for Christmas...it so eases the stress with that time of year, although DH has decided that this year we are getting a big vacation. We are even asking Santa to bring us $ for the vacation. I invision a very low stress Christmas this year...no presents to buy, hide, or wrap. We also hope we will be buying memories, not junk. And... our kids are so materialistic at Christmas...hopefully this will cut down on that.

And with that I end the longest comment I have ever written. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Shauna6pack said...

I am pleased to announce I finished Eclipse this morning. You can ask me if she is bitten, but I wont tell... I will just smile that mysterious, "I know a secret that you don't know" smile.