THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 19, 2007

a day of rest...Ha! whatever!?!

I love Sunday's. I do, really, not just sundaes but Sunday, the Sabbath, the day set apart to worship the Lord. But a day of rest?? come on, in who's universe?
It is the day that everyone has to have pressed and clean and matching and cute clothes.
Everyone needs to be bathed, teeth brushed and hair coiffed (at the same time.)
It's a day a rummage through my jewelry box and find something to wear so I look human.
It's the day I have to plan dinner in the morning and get it together or else when we walk in the door at 4:30 it's going to be ugly.
It's the day I can't send the kids outside to play when I've had it with them.
It's the day when three kids who can sit still and quiet for an hour and a half of sponge bob turn into kids who can NOT sit for even 5.4 seconds without touching each other, "whispering" something to me, laying on the pew, eating a fruit snack, whining, crying, throwing something or fighting over who is going to use which pen.
It's the day I do a song and dance in front of a dozen teenagers while protecting the Bishop's desk and taking things from them that they shouldn't have, and trying to teach something they will remember.
It's the day I drag the kiddos out of the cultural hall at least 3x and the big ones away from the group of boys hanging out in the foyer to try and go home.
It's a day of work....just different work than the other 6 days.

and today it's the day we go back to our "school schedule" which means an early bedtime and you don't even want to hear about that.

that said, today wasn't even a bad day. Church was fine, the kids were no worse than usual :), I could find both my skirt and a slip on the first try and I saw many people I love, and heard talks that touched me, and my class participated.

I'm just saying.

5 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

It is the day wrest right

Yvonne said...

Oh, to have a class of teenagers that participates...those days make it all worthwhile

Amanda said...

You said it perfectly! Why is it the day of rest seems to wear me out more than most days?!?

Anne/kq said...

Well, I hate to say this but in our house, Sundays are usually pretty restful.

We pick out and press clothes the night before-- including lining up shoes. We all bathe the night before (except Abba who sweats too much in his sleep so he takes a shower first thing in the morning.) We feed the girls breakfast (cold cereal or something else that requires no cooking) in their jammies, then get them dressed in the clothes laid out the night before (down to the tights and shoes.) We grab the things (diaper bag, books, etc.) that we have put by the door the night before for church. We get to church, enjoy our spiritual time, and then we come home. Lunch is leftovers (we get home around 3:30; church is 11-2 and then I have choir and Jeff is in the clerk's office), then Bridey goes down for a nap and Emma watches a Sunday-appropriate movie (which usually puts her to sleep, too.) When they wake up we give them crackers or something and then make an easy dinner-- something frozen or spaghetti with sauce out of the jar, something like that.

It is the only day we don't have to worry about cleaning, laundry, decisions bigger than "do you want frozen pizza or spaghetti for dinner", or all the many things we have to do on Saturdays.

I love Sundays.

talitha said...

Amen on this post.

Besides everything you mentioned, then add in driving your son around for fast offerings, getting your daughter to BYC and presidency meetings, choir practice, and it seems someone always has a talk or scripture to get prepared.

I love the different things we do, but I am pretty tired when my head hits the pillow on Sundays...oh, yeah, and firesides. Don't forget there is usually a fireside.

LOL