THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, August 14, 2009

a day in Heaven


Yesterday was our stake temple day. I was looking forward to going since I first found out about it. I love stake temple days, it is wonderful to go and see many dear friends as well as to enjoy the temple and serve our kindred dead and the Lord.
This trip was wonderful, as always. Beloved and I commented to each other that it was odd to go and not know tons of people, however in the end it didn't matter. There were many smiling happy faces, many of our brothers and sisters doing what was right and I felt at home.
Years ago when I was young and very foolish (as opposed to older and a little less foolish ;) )I made choices that kept me from marrying in the temple. That was a sad time and one with long lasting consequences. I always wish I could somehow share my thoughts and more so even my feelings about that and stop every other young girl from doing the same.
Several years later when I finally was able to go it was truly the best day of my life. I was so excited and looked forward to it for so long, my whole life (minus a few stupid months) and it was all I hoped. I felt so blessed to have the temple in my life, to be sealed to my family, to know the things of eternity. We attended the temple regularly and I felt the peace, the joy of living the Lord's plan.
Unfortunately that season lasted a short time and I soon found myself going alone. With friends, but not a husband. It was very ...searching for the right word....nope, there is none to describe the disappointment and despair of watching someone you love turn away from truth & love and eternal promises...it was a long time ago, I'll leave it with that.
Then for years I went and loved it and was grateful and strengthened and comforted and counselled and taught (how do people live with out the temple?) and eventually I found myself kneeling across the alter and making promises again. And this time both of us want to keep them. Wow. Whatever difficulties come in daily life, in blending families, in just growing together, in being married to an engineer :), with being two different people and trying to be "one" that one blessing makes the journey worth while.
In the days leading up to this particular trip I thought about that a lot. About how I have been blessed with a righteous husband who wants to honor his covenants and make an eternal family. And I have felt grateful.
I love to see the temple, I love to be sealed to my family, how grateful I am to a loving Heavenly Father who cares about His children and wants them to be happy and to be with Him again.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Yah! You won the giveaway. Lucky little Tatum.
I loved your post. I wish every young girl could read it.
You are awesome!!

The two old crows said...

I loved your post also. Something happens to teenagers and they forget the things they have learned. It would be good if girls and boys alike could learn from others instead of having to make the same mistakes over and over again.

Yvonne said...

What a beautiful post, my sweet friend. You have touched my heart so deeply.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

beautiful post we went to but din't see you and we were at the Smithsonipulan Friday did you go?

nikko said...

We went to the temple yesterday. Always such a wonderful spirit there! :o)