THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, August 29, 2009

last post about crabs...maybe

Friday nights are typically date night for Beloved and I. This week was no exception. I really wanted to go to the movies and see "Time Travelers Wife". He really wanted to eat crab. We were running a little late and had to try and figure out how to do both. So far our favorite crab spot is on Solomon's Island, across the bridge, and we knew we didn't have time to go there. Fortunately I remembered seeing a sign at a local gas station advertising a nearby restaurant. We drove to the gas station and followed the homemade signs down the road and past the volunteer fire department to the end of the road hole in the wall. We are not culinary chickens so we bravely went in, and frankly I was impressed with the inside, not nearly the dive I was expecting. We ordered at the counter and then took our seats.
This is definitely a "local joint", they had plastic plates and utensils and had run out of straws (which was sad for me only because the cups were made of Styrofoam and I can't touch it because Styrofoam freaks me out and the sound it makes grates on my every nerve) that said it was a fun dinner. Supper messy, and I got a crab claw cut trying to get to the meat, but fun. The crabs were yummy, I think I enjoyed the sights and sounds around me just as much. Kevin, the owner walked around talking to the regulars, greeting them at the door and exchanging cheek kisses. All around us were diners, talking about the game, and smashing crabs onto brown paper "table cloths" . Next to us sat 6 older folks talking about their new priest (he's young but conservative and met with their approval~ it's a Catholic town) and bingo night. And our giant plate of crabs was only $30. I will go back, but bring more appetites because we could have split it four ways easily.

By the time we got to the movie it had started so we went to Target instead and wandered around then headed home. It was a fun date.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Crab and Target sound like the perfect date to me ; )