THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School

As much as we have been looking forward to this day 5:45 kind of snuck up on me. I awoke with thoughts of "are we ready?", "does everyone have all that they need?" and "ugh, 9 months of seeing the sun rise."

J is a junior this year! Wow. She's grown into such an accomplished and bright young woman. I know she is nervous today, but frankly I am not nervous or her, I know it'll be a kind of hard day but she will do great. She is friendly and fun. She has a packed schedule and a lot on her plate, that's the only thing I am nervous about for her, she gets stressed when overwhelmed and she's got a lot going on with seminary, 4 AP classes, some regular classes, two musical instruments and trying to find some time to breath. She's in the school orchestra and we just found a wonderful piano teacher that she is very excited to work with. Phew! It's going to be a whirlwind year.
H is in her last year of elementary school, 5th grade! She has the coolest teacher in the school this year, Mr. K. I can tell just from meet the teacher yesterday that he is awesome. He was very relaxed and funny and prepared and tons of kids came to his door to lament that they weren't in his class.
H is going to pick a musical instrument next week and start that as well, and do jr jazzersize after school. Fun! I am hoping she will pick a band instrument but I think she wants to play the violin. She also wants to take piano but we need to check our budget before we commit to that, we have lots of kids doing lots of activities.


Brother is in 2nd grade. His teacher seemed really nice. He is looking forward to meeting some friends and learning lots. Also soccer should be starting up this week or next so that will be great fun!



All the neighborhood kids catching the bus.
Lu is very sad to be staying home with me this year. I signed her up for gymnastics and we'll do story time at the library and playgroup at church and some "home school" preschool stuff so hopefully it will be fun for her. She will be more than ready to hop on that bus next year!

4 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

I just barely put mine on the bus. Part of me is relieved- it has been a crazy summer- but part of me also is sad that it is just me and the dog- well at least until my missionary boy gets home- then I might have a little company for a day or two.

Holly said...

It is my greatest fear to put my children on a bus. I'm glad I dont have to do this for another few years, but when I do, I'll contact you for pointers on how to do it.

Yvonne said...

I hope they all have a wonderful school year. I love that they are all so musical. Do you ever slow down???

nikko said...

Happy first day of school! It looks like everyone had smiles on their faces this morning.

K has Ms. Wilde and is thrilled to death. He told her on meet the teacher, "My friend E. U. was in your class last year and he is my best friend!"

So cute.

Hopefully you and Lu can find lots of fun things to do. 5:45 has been coming pretty early around here, too. Miss you!